Your Favorite Lure

Just getting started in Bass Fishing? Hey, everyone started at some point. There are no wrong questions here, only the ones you don't ask. This is the place to ask for help on the basics.
brendanc

Your Favorite Lure

Post by brendanc »

Look at that... Nice post Robo!
Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Your Favorite Lure

Post by Roboworm99 »

what are you trying to say Brendan?

Can you tell i actually was home and had some time to be online
**Ray Charpentier**
jmoyer198484

Your Favorite Lure

Post by jmoyer198484 »

yeah that was impresive robo, u answered one of my questions before i could ask it!
jason moyer
Roboworm99

Your Favorite Lure

Post by Roboworm99 »

Thanks bassboy...what was your question going to be?
**Ray Charpentier**
brendanc

Your Favorite Lure

Post by brendanc »

No Bro... I was being sincere... that was a really detailed post and I just wanted to mention it... but now that you bring it up... (Just kidding)
Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Your Favorite Lure

Post by Roboworm99 »

hahaha,,,dont need to say it, bro..most of my posts are quick one liners..
**Ray Charpentier**
Blanco

Your Favorite Lure

Post by Blanco »

What do you guys think of those Huddlestons Butch brown is always advertising?
The look pretty good?

But to be honest I've just got back into fishing after about a 25 year break & i'm just like a kid learning to fish again for the 1st time.
Fire Ball

Your Favorite Lure

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: Cam CorreaWhat do you guys think of those Huddlestons Butch brown is always advertising?
The look pretty good?

But to be honest I've just got back into fishing after about a 25 year break & i'm just like a kid learning to fish again for the 1st time.

Well he catches those huge bass on them, right? I really want to get a Huddleston, but my current rod is under-powered for bigger swimbaits and I only have 12 lb test on my baitcaster, which is pretty light for swimbaits.
Blanco

Your Favorite Lure

Post by Blanco »

Originally Posted By: Fire BallOriginally Posted By: Cam CorreaWhat do you guys think of those Huddlestons Butch brown is always advertising?
The look pretty good?

Well he catches those huge bass on them, right? I really want to get a Huddleston, but my current rod is under-powered for bigger swimbaits and I only have 12 lb test on my baitcaster, which is pretty light for swimbaits.

Cant you just use a smaller lure when you have lighter equipment?
I was thinking about getting something like a 3" one..
Roboworm99

Your Favorite Lure

Post by Roboworm99 »

Keep in mind...you want to use the old saying "Match The Hatch"

If they are feeding on shad, sure you can use smaller swimbaits...but when you see those wolfpacks of fish with many over the 10lb mark feeding on stocked trout that are 12" ... you are gonna want that swimbait rod available with a big Hudd or a Baitsmith Magnum Trout tied on...ive been out where I've seen these fish eating trout over 12" long and all I had was a 6" bait and ya you will catch a few fish...but believe me that they will want the size of the bait to match...and when you do...it's magic...I have lost a few beasts at the lagoon, because I wasn't prepared...
**Ray Charpentier**