2010 Pers. Best happend today @ Castaic Lagoon

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
ronlehman909

Post by ronlehman909 »

Went out this A.M. and fished the Paradise Cove - Big Tree area of the Lagoon. Wind was 5-7 mph. Water 55 degrees with 9-10 feet visibility. Using a 6" Gulp plastic worm - Natural color with nail in head and #4 hook wacky worm style. Bouncing it off the bottom and WHAM hooked up from my float tube on my 6' ultra light spinning real with 4 lb line. Caught a 5.2 lb LMB- nice fight for a couple of minutes. Pictures aren't that good as I couldn't get my camera to work so I used my cell phone. Also caught a 2-lb on a drop shot with 3" gulp worm in bright red color. (no pic)

Ron Lehman
[email protected]
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

She's a real fatty Ron... she looks bigger than 5.2 in the the photos. Must have made your day!
Brendan C.
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Nice work on 4 lb. line Ron!!! That must have been a dicey nail biter fight.

Nice fish. I'm glad to see the water temps are coming back up.

I am trying hard to get some time to come up to the Lagoon soon. See ya around one of these days.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

wow man thats a nice fish
shes fat with eggs!!!
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Yee Haa!!! In a tube, must have been a blast!! Congratulations. Now go out and get a bigger one!! Really nice accomplishment on light tackle and in a tube!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Nice fish! The Lagoon has been doing great the last few days! Are you going to enter the float tube derby in April?
heylucky

Post by heylucky »

Hey Ron thats a GREAT FISH!! I was leaving the Lagoon yesterday and finally saw the bass schooling into the shallows by the bridge! I was also told that they are not going to be stocking the lagoon with trout anymore (money?).... so we are gonna get some HUNGRY BASS!!
"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish"
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: BassaholicHey Ron thats a GREAT FISH!! I was leaving the Lagoon yesterday and finally saw the bass schooling into the shallows by the bridge! I was also told that they are not going to be stocking the lagoon with trout anymore (money?).... so we are gonna get some HUNGRY BASS!!
They aren't stocking because of they must complete the EIR. Once EIR is complete and no protected species are found, then we should get our trout. The bass are definitely going to be hungry right now, lol.
ronlehman909

Post by ronlehman909 »

Probably doing the 25 March get-together first and see what the conditions of the Lagoon are like then.
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
ronlehman909

Post by ronlehman909 »

Thanks Bassaholic, I thought that may have been you on the bridge walking back to your car. Did you catch anything? Were you in Texas for just a couple months?
Ron Lehman
[email protected]