Castaic Lake 3/17 - After School Session

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

My dad and I drove up to the Upper Lake today a little while after I got home from school. We got and there, launched, and made our way to our first spot. Nothing there for a while, so we moved on to the next spot. We fished this spot for a little while and then made another move, but we metered some fish hanging tight on some cover so we decided to cast over where I thought it was. On the second cast to the area, I hooked up within 10 seconds. It was a fun fight and I pulled up a nice bass weighing almost 2 lbs. It had two little leeches in its mouth and had a nice fat belly, but you can't tell from the picture. We fished a couple more spots for nothing, but I am probably going back tomorrow for another after school session. The fish was caught in around 20 ft of water. We only got a couple hours in, but it was still fun.

ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Nice fish! Do you have spotted bass in that lake??
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: ukey28Nice fish! Do you have spotted bass in that lake??
No, we don't have any spotted bass, but we do have a VERY small population of smallies! I want to catch one!