Quick Lagoon March 27

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
swimbait101

Quick Lagoon March 27

Post by swimbait101 »

Woke up at night when my dad asked if i wanted to go shore fishing. i obviously said yes. unfortunitly i broke one of my spinning rods that i use for drop shotting. so i pack up and we go. we go to gallions and get our sandwiches and worms and other food. we get to the lake and stay i the car for like 30 min until the sun comes up. i go on the bridge and walk back and forth looking for bass. at first i only see 1-2 lb bass then a silver flash catches my eye and i see a 6-7 lb female with 3 dinkaholic males spawning. i run to the car and get my swimbait rod with a tora tube on a 3/4 head and go back and it just freaks thre bass out. i go back to the car and get my worms and FREE crawdads i got at *$&#^@&$*#&. i am on the bridge chasing that bass for about 40 minutes until the breeze picks up and i leave. i go to the ramp and fish there for about 30 mins then i moove to the camp grounds and fish there for about an hour with NO NO NO NO NO bites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i did see and pick up a dead 12 lb carp.
i might go next weeeek

I HATE SHORE FISHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Fire Ball

Quick Lagoon March 27

Post by Fire Ball »

Tora tubes are too big dude, lol. You need something smaller for casting on the beds. I hate shore fishing too! Way too many rock snags. I'm going to take my tube out tomorrow.
George Cawthorn

Quick Lagoon March 27

Post by George Cawthorn »

One thing I know about sight fishing is that if you can see the bass they can see you.

And if you are above them even your silhouette can freak them out.

It has been a while since I crossed the bridge on foot but there used to be no fishing signs posted on both sides of it. There is usually nobody fishing off the bridge.

What I like most about shoreline fishing is when I have it all to myself. As far as the snags go, most of the stuff I fish with is fairly snag proof. I usually don't get more than one or two per day.