Castaic Lagoon North of Swimbeach #1

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
ronlehman909

Post by ronlehman909 »

Got out to the goon about 9:00AM-late start- seen a lot of tubers and they were all catching fish. Talked to Fireball and he was catching crappies and Jimmy was pulling in bass and and I watched Butch catch at least 7 LMB in about a one hour period. I caught a couple and took a picture of my personal best this year a 8lb. LMB caught sight fishing with a pearl 3" shad. She was swimming around and around a bouy and the water was 8 ft deep and crystal clear. She finally took a hit after about 20 mins of harassing her. Beautiful day to go fishing. Should be good tomorrow as well as there is rain and storm coming in Wednesday & Thursday this week.

Ron Lehman
[email protected]
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Very nice 8 lber. I wanted to see it after you told me about it. She didn't get spooked real easily? Almost all of the ones I encountered were very skittish. I'll post my report in a little while. How many did you get total and how many sight fish?
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

nice bass man
live shad?
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Very nice bass Ron, that is a chunker.

Thanks for the report. I'm planning on going up for a sundowner today. 2:00 PM till closing.

Maybe I'll see ya around.
ronlehman909

Post by ronlehman909 »

Fireball - the bass was kind of aggressive, me being on a tube she would actually raise to about 3 feet from my fins and just look at me straight on for a couple of seconds - she did this twice in the 20 mins it took to entice her to take the bait.

Swimbait101 - the bait was a plastic pearl colored small 3" shad look-a-like. I picked it because the water was very clear at the 8' level of the bottom of the lake and I could let it rest on the bottom where she was at and still see her inhail the bait.

Geo - yes I was really excited getting my P/B with the 8-lbs until I saw Butch pulling out at least 3 double diget fish in the hour I was near him. I heard him say he was using swimbaits and crawdads.
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: Ron LehmanFireball - the bass was kind of aggressive, me being on a tube she would actually raise to about 3 feet from my fins and just look at me straight on for a couple of seconds - she did this twice in the 20 mins it took to entice her to take the bait.

Swimbait101 - the bait was a plastic pearl colored small 3" shad look-a-like. I picked it because the water was very clear at the 8' level of the bottom of the lake and I could let it rest on the bottom where she was at and still see her inhail the bait.

Geo - yes I was really excited getting my P/B with the 8-lbs until I saw Butch pulling out at least 3 double diget fish in the hour I was near him. I heard him say he was using swimbaits and crawdads.
Nice. I would have been going crazy if I saw an 8 lb on a bed that didn't get spooked, haha. She bit it when it was resting on the bottom? I always get my fish by annoying the actual fish and not just putting the lure on its bed. Butch had a limit of over 63 lbs that day!
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Congrats on your P.B. for this year... that's a very respecable fish even where you're from. Just think if you were out here in NY, that thing would be a giant and a fish of a life time!
Brendan C.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

man, i shouldnt have fed my crawdads to my peacock and oscar......

she wasnt on a bed right?
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Hey even here in Califronia that is still a pig.