Castaic Lagoon, CA 03.29.10 Bassaholic Returns

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Well I know he's been back from the Lone Star for a while but I hadn't seen him around at Castaic until today.

As planned I got up to the Lagoon for a sundowner at approx 2:30 and hung around till it got dark.

When I arrived I went to the parking lot behind the pier. Started to walk down to my spot and noticed that someone was already on it.

Decide to fish from behind the end of the docks by the guardhouse today. Air temp was 84, and good to see that the water temp was 62. Oh yeah we are past the magic 60.

There was a gentle breeze blowing from the south.

Started casting out the Ika, then Senko, then went down to the smaller stuff. Began to get some nibbles on a four incher DS. One short strike tore my worm off leaving me about a quarter of an inch on the hook.

I look over to my left and who do I see coming down the walkway... none other than Bassaholic himself.

He was looking around for a good spot to fish. I told him I had seen someone on my spot so I had decided to dock it today.

"Yeah that was me." was his reply. Well being that he had been gone for so long I invited him to fish the spot at the docks with me.

I finally got into a small one, my first of the year, on a 4" DS plastic worm. Hey at least I had finally got the big 2010 zero off my back. Ya just don't complain when it's your first.

Let the little feller go to grow up and catch another day.

Afterwards I asked Bassaholic if he'd like to give it a shot with the worm I had been getting nibbled on an bit. Well he went for it. and wouldn't ya know in short order he knocked down one with my worm outdoing me by about two pounds. LOL

We fished on with a bunch of nibbles and Bassaholic getting one on just before he left, only to have it get off. Pulled his shorts down.

It was really good to see you again Bassaholic. I'm sure next time won't be so long from now.

It was around six and I decided to go on over to my spot and finish off the rest of the day. Over there I hung with the senko hoping to knock down a big one.

I stayed around till dark, ending my day with only that one small one but feeling good to finally have my 2010 season at the Lagoon in gear.

The weather stayed calm all day. This is the whole reason I went up there today.... to be there for a sundowner.

I split at around 8 when it was getting pretty dark.

swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

hey bassaholic, got a new rod huh!
good job on the bass
man, water got warmer, i might go weekend...in boat
heylucky

Post by heylucky »

That was definitely a good time Geo... Thanks for the worm! (and for leaving out the fact that I slipped off the rip rap into the lake) Nothing like catching Bass in wet shoes ! I look forward to fishing with you again soon my friend.
"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish"
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

its ok, we all have accidents

i once fell in knee deep water fly-fishing for 4 inch rainbows
im surprised i didnt spook them
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Hey Bassaholic, since this is BassinUSA and not SwimmingUSA I left that part out.

Call me when your cell phone dries out dude!!!!!!

The wort part was the splash. Scared of all the fish for at least fifteen minutes.
heylucky

Post by heylucky »

So now you are sayin I am Fat Geo??? LOL!!
"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish"