Castaic Lagoon, CA Tuesday 3/30

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
George Cawthorn

Castaic Lagoon, CA Tuesday 3/30

Post by George Cawthorn »

Got up to the Lagoon again today for a little afternoon fishing.

When I arrived it was kinda cold and breeze. There was a heavy cloud cover and a cold front was moving through.

Compared to yesterday's 84, air them was down 30 degrees to 54 and water temp was down to 57 from 62 yesterday. That is a huge change for one day but that is what fishing at the Lagoon is all about....... dealing with the extremes.

Wind was from the south at about 10. The whole time I was there I was expecting it to rain at any moment but it never did.

I was more to the north today about a hundred yards above the pier.

I had started out with the big guns and after about an hour with only one small tap on the Ika I decided to ratchet it down.

Put out the DS and connected with this two pounder.

Fished on till the sun went down. I was starting to feel the chill in my bones and my lower back was starting to get tight so I decided to pack it in.

It was about 7:30 when I reeled in my last cast with a Senko and headed back to the parking lot.

Sorry for the crummy quality of the photos this time, after I got home I realized there was Smelly Jelly smeared all over the lens of my cell camera.