Castaic Lagoon 4/14 - New Trolling Motor!

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

I went to the Goon today for an after school mission to use the new trolling motor. I would like to thank all the guys that gave me some good trolling motor and battery info! The main reason for this report is to thank you guys. It works well, but I still have to get used to the foot control thing. It was fairly windy too, which made it harder to use. Anyway, my dad and I quickly got to our first spot and it was pretty cool being out on the Goon with my boat instead of the tube, haha. I made my first cast or two and didn't get anything, but I wanted to try a new color Roboworm that I had, so I switched colors. On the first cast with the new color I got a little bite and set the hook and fought him in. I got him in the boat and weighed him in at a little over 2 lbs. I forgot my digital scale, which I left in my tube, so I had to use my old scale. This guy was a nice, fat pre-spawn bass. I made a couple more casts and then boom, another fish on! This guy wasn't as big, but still not bad at around 1.5 lbs. I got these first two fish within the first 20 minutes of being on the water. I worked the area some more but then had to go back to the dock to pick my brother up since he got dropped off at the lake after he got home from school. We worked the area some more and then worked some other spots for nothing. We moved to a different area and started to slowly work our way along the shore while drop shotting. I got yet another bite and brought the fish in, which weighted just over 1 lb. The water was very murky today and sight fishing wasn't even possible. It seems like the visibility was cut in half since I last fished the Lagoon. I would estimate about 3 ft of visibility only. That was pretty disappointed, but hopefully it will clear up soon. Even if I am not sight fishing, I still like fishing in clear water. All in all, it was a good day for me with 3 fish in about 3 hours and 30 minutes, but my dad and brother got skunked. My brother only fished for about 15 minutes though, lol.

Nice, fat pre-spawn fish weighing a little over 2 lbs

1.5 lbs

1 lb
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Good job Fire Ball. Nice report and photos as usual. I think I saw you guys at the Lagoon today. I mentioned it in my report but wasn't sure if it was you or not.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

cool man, as soon as i get trolling motor and outrigger (i want to build a casting deck too) we are gonna have "friendly" competition. Robobass too

which bro? Hooters one or one that buys a hudd for his UL....HAHAHA
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101cool man, as soon as i get trolling motor and outrigger (i want to build a casting deck too) we are gonna have "friendly" competition. Robobass too

which bro? Hooters one or one that buys a hudd for his UL....HAHAHA
Well, you said you would run my tube over with your canoe once you get your trolling motor and outrigger, so I guess I will just have to run you over with my boat!! Haha. I don't think a casting deck is going to do any good for your canoe really. It is the brother that I think you know. Other one doesn't fish very much.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

i dont want to slip. i want like carpet on wood. that would be cool. after that, id get one of those swivel seats
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101i dont want to slip. i want like carpet on wood. that would be cool. after that, id get one of those swivel seats
A seat would be pretty cool, but standing is usually best, just not as comfortable.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Congratulations of the Trolling motor and the Fish!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York