Castaic Lagoon 4/23

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon 4/23

Post by Fire Ball »

It looks like the bite slowed down because of the cold front earlier this week, but it was still alright. My dad and grandpa got to the Lagoon before I did and then I drove over after I got home from school. Before I got there, my dad caught a little dink, but it wasn't picture worthy. A little while after I showed up, my grandpa hooked up on his first LMB, but it broke off because the drag was too tight. I caught a bass pretty soon after I got there, but that was the only one I ended up catching! A while later, my grandpa hooked another bass, but luckily his drag was set right this time, lol. A little later, my dad hooked up on a nice bass and it was his new PB. He excited to have the biggest fish so far that day, but then my grandpa hooked up on an even bigger bass, haha. We didn't get anything after that, but it was an alright day for only being there for a few hours. Hopefully the night float tubing event will be fun tonight!

My only bass of the day - 1 lb 4 oz

My grandpa's first bass - 1 lb 1 oz

My dad's biggest bass - 2 lb 3 oz

My grandpa's 2nd bass - 2 lb 9 oz
ukey28

Castaic Lagoon 4/23

Post by ukey28 »

Wow, three generations fishing together, how terrific is that! Teach them all you know Fire Ball! If they keep catching they'll want to keep fishin!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon 4/23

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: ukey28Wow, three generations fishing together, how terrific is that! Teach them all you know Fire Ball! If they keep catching they'll want to keep fishin!
My dad is addicted now, lol.

Anyway, I went to the night float tubing event last night and it was AWESOME! I ended up catching 8 bass, with one being 6 lb 6 oz! I ended up losing 2 more also. Most of them were 1.5 to 2 lbs, aside from the 6 lber. I nailed the 6 lber on my last cast and then had to kick straight back to PC to get off the water in time after I caught it. I would like to thank FOCL for having the event!

Sadly I was alone and couldn't get any good pictures! It was hard for me to even press the button on the camera because my hands were freezing up, lol. This bass beat my previous biggest in 2010 by a couple ounces.

George Cawthorn

Castaic Lagoon 4/23

Post by George Cawthorn »

Very nice report and pics Fire Ball. The six pounder is a really good one, congrats on that and your Dad's new PB. WTG Grand Pa..... that is a very nice bass you got there.

Night fishing at the Lagoon can be pretty cool. There were a couple of times I've done it from moonrise to moonset on very clear starry night. Lots of meteors and critters like raccoons, coyotes etc.
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon 4/23

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassVery nice report and pics Fire Ball. The six pounder is a really good one, congrats on that and your Dad's new PB. WTG Grand Pa..... that is a very nice bass you got there.

Night fishing at the Lagoon can be pretty cool. There were a couple of times I've done it from moonrise to moonset on very clear starry night. Lots of meteors and critters like raccoons, coyotes etc.
My dad actually has a new PB now, haha! He caught a nice 3 lb 11 oz bass today right before we were going to leave. I caught 7 in the 1 to 1.5 lb range and my bro caught two 1 lbers and a nice 2 lb 3 oz fish that we are pretty sure my grandpa broke off a couple days ago, lol.

George Cawthorn

Castaic Lagoon 4/23

Post by George Cawthorn »

Wow, congrats again to your Dad. Jeeeezzzzzz you guys are becoming the Lagoon Busters.

He Fire Ball, I have the day off tomorrow (Mon. 4/26) and will be at the Lagoon from around 6 AM till 2:30. Of course I'll be the guy in camo on the point by the buoy line.
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon 4/23

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassWow, congrats again to your Dad. Jeeeezzzzzz you guys are becoming the Lagoon Busters.

He Fire Ball, I have the day off tomorrow (Mon. 4/26) and will be at the Lagoon from around 6 AM till 2:30. Of course I'll be the guy in camo on the point by the buoy line.
Thanks. I don't think I am going to be there today, but I will probably be there tomorrow.