Castaic Lagoon 5/13 - First Jerkbait Fish

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

My dad, brother, and I hit the Lagoon yesterday and caught some pretty nice fish, so we decided to go again today. My brother couldn't go today, but I got out of school earlier than usual, so it was nice to have a couple extra hours in to fish. Yesterday, I lost a nice fish on a jerkbait, so I was determined to catch one today. I also had 2 followers yesterday after losing the first one, which made me even more compelled to catch something on the jerkbait! After a few casts today I felt a *THUNK* and caught my first jerkbait fish. I love how the strikes feel compared to drop shot or anything else, haha. It was a small guy, but it was still cool. I also ended up catching a couple more on the jerkbait and one on the drop shot. Total was 5 on the jerkbait and 1 on drop shot for me and then 1 on the jerkbait and 5 on drop shot for my dad. I liked catching a bunch of good fish on something other than the usual drop shot.

First fish of the day - 1 lb 6 oz

My first jerkbait fish! About 1 lb, but still cool.

1 lb 13 oz

My dad's first and only jerkbait fish - 1 lb 5 oz

Big bass of the day - 3 lb 11 oz

2 lb 13 oz

1 lb 5 oz

I think this was the one I got on the drop shot and the only drop shot fish for me today - 2 lb 6 oz

2 lb 12 oz

1 lb 8 oz
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Very nice report and photos Fire Ball. You and your dad are tearing the joint up. I have to say that I am very impressed with the consistency with witch you guys are catching all those nice bass.

It's always cool learning how to use a new lure. Congrats on the jerkbait scores. You can also fish the Senko as a jerkbait. I've had some major strikes at the Lagoon doing that.

The action is kind of like walking the dog underwater.

I missed you guys yesterday...... I was there in the morning and had to split at noon.
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassVery nice report and photos Fire Ball. You and your dad are tearing the joint up. I have to say that I am very impressed with the consistency with witch you guys are catching all those nice bass.

It's always cool learning how to use a new lure. Congrats on the jerkbait scores. You can also fish the Senko as a jerkbait. I've had some major strikes at the Lagoon doing that.

The action is kind of like walking the dog underwater.

I missed you guys yesterday...... I was there in the morning and had to split at noon.
Thanks. We fish the Lagoon a few times a week, but it is going to be less now that my dad will be going back to work after being on medical leave. I haven't been putting many reports up, just every once in a while. It was fun catching fish on the jerkbait, especially after losing one the day before on a different color.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Nice day Guys, Good to see you out with your Dad.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Did you guys happen to notice that the water level was down?

The other thing I noticed while I was there was that the flow in from the upper lake had stopped.
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassDid you guys happen to notice that the water level was down?

The other thing I noticed while I was there was that the flow in from the upper lake had stopped.
I didn't see that the water level was down, but the flow from the Upper Lake stopped about a week ago, I think.
heylucky

Post by heylucky »

ya the water level is dropping a little bit... but the water temp is picking up now so I guess there is good with that?
"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish"