Lagoon SLAY 5/16 5/19

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Fire Ball

Lagoon SLAY 5/16 5/19

Post by Fire Ball »

Sorry for the late report, but I have been really busy lately! The Lagoon has been on fire, but this wind is preventing me from fishing! I went on Sunday and it was nice to fish before the wind arrived. Then I went again on Wednesday after school and there were whitecaps, but I decided to fish anyway. I fished with Robo Bass on Sunday and alone on Wednesday. On Sunday, I caught 10 before Robo Bass even showed up, lol. Most of the fish were caught on jerkbaits, but a few were caught on drop shot.

Sunday - 5/16
Me = 20+
Lots of good fish with a bunch in the 3 lb range.

Robobass = 10+
A lot of Robo Bass's were dinks, but he did lose a 3 lber and one that was 4 or 5 lbs. He had some bad luck and his bad luck affected me too. I caught most of my bigger ones before he showed up and lost a lot after he showed up.

Here are just a few of the good ones..

All of mine pictured were 3+ lbs.

These are Robo Bass's bigger ones, not quite 3 lbs each. The other ones were 2 lbs or below.

Wednesday - 5/19
Me = 7

These were the ones that were 2 to 3 lbs, with 3 lb 0 oz being the biggest.

Fire Ball

Lagoon SLAY 5/16 5/19

Post by Fire Ball »

Here is the last picture that wouldn't show up...
George Cawthorn

Lagoon SLAY 5/16 5/19

Post by George Cawthorn »

That first one that Robo is holding up looks like it might be a cross between a LMB and a smallie.

Man you guys were really on fire.
Fire Ball

Lagoon SLAY 5/16 5/19

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassThat first one that Robo is holding up looks like it might be a cross between a LMB and a smallie.

Man you guys were really on fire.
I've gotten ones that have looked like that too. It is pretty weird, but they look cool. Thanks Geo! I can't wait for this wind to die down so I can get back out there. I might fish from shore some night this week if the wind doesn't die down enough to tube or boat.
George Cawthorn

Lagoon SLAY 5/16 5/19

Post by George Cawthorn »

I have the day off from work tomorrow and I was thinking of giving the West Ramp on the upper lake a shot in the morning.

If that doesn't produce by anything by 9:00 am I might be down on the Lagoon for an afternoon session.

Maybe I'll see ya around.
Fire Ball

Lagoon SLAY 5/16 5/19

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassI have the day off from work tomorrow and I was thinking of giving the West Ramp on the upper lake a shot in the morning.

If that doesn't produce by anything by 9:00 am I might be down on the Lagoon for an afternoon session.

Maybe I'll see ya around.
It looks like the wind is going to cooperate, so I'm most likely going to be tubing tomorrow after school. Might only fish the North end, so I don't if I will see you.