Castaic LAgoon the 30th of May

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

Finally was able to get out fishing for a small while, 3rd time this year >/frown.gif" alt="frown" title="frown" height="15" width="15" /> >/frown.gif" alt="frown" title="frown" height="15" width="15" /> >/frown.gif" alt="frown" title="frown" height="15" width="15" /> >/frown.gif" alt="frown" title="frown" height="15" width="15" /> I was originally gonna go Friday but it was WAY TOO windy and left in 20 mins.
So anyways I go to Gallions and get some food and a pack of nightcralwers at maybe around 6:00. Get to the lake to find beautiful weather and a very light breeze. after unloading the tackle and boat i start fishing next to the ramp. I see some small bass and sunnies near the rocks and i decide to try to get a bluegill or two while waiting for Fireball to show in his boat. i get one small bluegill and farm maybe 7. One gill was like a bass and jumped his whole body length out of the water for my topwater tube. Farmed him too.
So fireball gets at the lake and we head off to Hobie Cove. He gets a small bass right of the bat while my container that I hold my anchor with breaks and my dad trys to fix it. After a couple minutes of fishing, I notice that fireball is messin around with his trolling motor which took about 10 minutes for him to fix. Later on, he told me his little bro got his line tangled around the motor. I move up a couple yards while he moves up to the north end. After fishing in my spot for about 40 more minutes, I also move up to the north end. He then tells me he caught about 3 bass. While he is telling me that, I see him sight fishing for a small >1 lb bass with a dropshot. It was the funniest thing because he probably swung and missed about 10 times before he finally gets the dink. We proceed to fish the area for a couple more hours. He and his dad were nailing them while I didn’t catch anything. I stood up and saw a lot of cruisers in the 2-7lb range. He was in his boat so he could see 500000x’s better than me. He was mostly sight fishing. After about seeing them catch about 10 more bass, I decide its time to go.
Long story short, I caught a dink bluegill and was able to net a half-dead 2.2 lb rainbow by the dock with the help of the lifeguard.

Fireball and his dad caught about 15 fish combined
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Lol, I was so pissed when my bro tangled his line in the trolling motor. We had to take the prop off to fix it and almost had to go home. I only sight fished that dink off a bed and that was it. No other sight fish. I was just standing up and looking for the weed beds that were holding fish. It was a fun day and I saw some big ones too. A big one actually came out from under a dock and followed my brother's lure, but he wasn't paying attention and reeled the lure in too fast! Anyways, I went tonight on shore and caught a 5 lber! You will see the report for that tomorrow.