Night Time Big Bass at the Goon

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Well, I've been doing well recently on my tube and boat, so I decided to hit the Lagoon from shore at last night because I really wanted to fish, like always, haha. I arrived with Robo Bass and we started off at one of our old shore spots. I caught a dink pretty fast and then we moved down. As the sun started to set, we saw lots of small boils, probably from bluegill. We moved again and I made my first cast at the next spot. I worked my Roboworm halfway back to shore when I felt something. I set the hook and the fight begun. She has taking off and going crazy then got to the surface and jumped. She looked like a 3 lber, but I couldn't really tell because it was dark and I knew she was bigger than that by the way she was fighting! So after a couple minutes, I brought her close enough to shore to lip. She weighted in at 5 lb 0 oz, which is my biggest from shore. Not huge, but definitely nice! I'm still waiting for that DD, haha.

George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Very nice night time chunker Lagoon bass Fire Ball. Your consistency of good catches at the Lagoon is very impressive. Good job!!!!

The Lagoon is a fun place to fish at night. Just keep your radar on for the critters out there. It can also be really good just after sundown.

On a few occasions I have fished it from moonrise to moonset. Pretty beautiful out there when the meteor showers start.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Sweet Nightime Lunker! You say you caught that fish by throwing your fishing partner in the water and when he was halfway back she tried to eat him?? I don't know if I'd want to go fishin with you at night?? Is that the mothership in the background?? Man people weren't kiddin' about California being a little different!! Nice fish, Dude!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassVery nice night time chunker Lagoon bass Fire Ball. Your consistency of good catches at the Lagoon is very impressive. Good job!!!!

The Lagoon is a fun place to fish at night. Just keep your radar on for the critters out there. It can also be really good just after sundown.

On a few occasions I have fished it from moonrise to moonset. Pretty beautiful out there when the meteor showers start.
Thanks! I caught this one at about 9:00. There are definitely a lot of critters out there.

Originally Posted By: ukey28Sweet Nightime Lunker! You say you caught that fish by throwing your fishing partner in the water and when he was halfway back she tried to eat him?? I don't know if I'd want to go fishin with you at night?? Is that the mothership in the background?? Man people weren't kiddin' about California being a little different!! Nice fish, Dude!
When did I say that?!? LOL
Those are just lights on the other side of the lake.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Robo Bass/Roboworm... ha ha, wrong member, nice try Frank...
Brendan C.
heylucky

Post by heylucky »

Sweet! I was out there at 5:30 am til about 9am and all I was catching was vegetation...
"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish"
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: BassaholicSweet! I was out there at 5:30 am til about 9am and all I was catching was vegetation...
Haha, well now that they bluestoned it, I don't know how well I am going to be doing.. It might solve your problem of catching vegetation though, lol.
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Keep going the way you are going now and the DD will shurley be coming soon Fire Ball.

You mentioned the bluestoning..... do you happen to know on what day it was done. I was out there today and it did seem to me at first that I saw signs of it.

That always freaks the bass out for about two weeks at least. If you are at the shoreline you will see bleached rings on the rocks and if you look across at the swim beach sand there will be a noticeable white stripe at the waters edge.
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassKeep going the way you are going now and the DD will shurley be coming soon Fire Ball.

You mentioned the bluestoning..... do you happen to know on what day it was done. I was out there today and it did seem to me at first that I saw signs of it.

That always freaks the bass out for about two weeks at least. If you are at the shoreline you will see bleached rings on the rocks and if you look across at the swim beach sand there will be a noticeable white stripe at the waters edge.
Hopefully you are right about the DD. >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" /> I was there when they were bluestoning it on Tuesday. Hopefully it won't freak the bass out TOO much. I'm probably going tomorrow afternoon and I'll see how it is.