Lagoon Pig 6/11

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Fire Ball

Lagoon Pig 6/11

Post by Fire Ball »

Sorry for the late report, but I haven't really felt like posting any reports lately, haha. Anyways, on Friday, we went for an afternoon session and started off in Hobie. My dad got 2 quick fish about 1 lb each there. We moved down and I started throwing my jerkbait. We were moving slowly on the trolling motor while I was throwing the jerkbait and as I got it about 10 or 15 ft away from the boat, I saw a little flash behind it. I pause my jerkbait and then BOOM, a bass slammed it. He was only about 1 lb or so though and I was about to flip him into the boat and he came off! Wow, my first fish of the day and it came off, lol. So we moved to a different area and my dad got a nice one weighing almost 3 lbs on a soft plastic jerkbait. Then I retied and put on a soft plastic jerkbait too (too weedy for the hard bait) and started making casts. As I was pausing the lure, I felt something and set the hook real hard. It felt like a big fish, maybe 5 lbs, but it only ended up being a little less than 2 lbs! Lol! He got down in the weeds and I brought it a few pounds of weeds with him, which made him feel a lot bigger! Haha. It started getting later in the day and we were down to a few casts left before we had to make our way back to the dock. My dad made a cast and was working the soft jerkbait slowly and felt a little tap, but he didn't setting it, thinking it was just weeds. Then he felt it again and then one more time, then he finally set the hook! It was fighting well and we weren't sure if it was really a big fish or just a normal fish with a tons of weeds on it, haha. We got it near the boat and it almost got tangled in the anchor line, but my dad was able to muscle him away from the line. We got him to the boat and he was hard to fit in the net, lol. This fish weighed in at 6 lb 8 oz, which is a new PB for my dad! He was really excited about that fish and was bragging about it, haha. It was a great day for my dad, but not for me!

Here are the pictures of the better fish:

George Cawthorn

Lagoon Pig 6/11

Post by George Cawthorn »

Very nice bass guys! Especially your dad's Lagoon pig. That is a really good one. Great pics, thanks for the report. I will be up at the Lagoon on Thursday.

Maybe I'll see you guys around.
Fire Ball

Lagoon Pig 6/11

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassVery nice bass guys! Especially your dad's Lagoon pig. That is a really good one. Great pics, thanks for the report. I will be up at the Lagoon on Thursday.

Maybe I'll see you guys around.
Thanks. I'll be tubing with Robo Bass on Thursday, so maybe.
ukey28

Lagoon Pig 6/11

Post by ukey28 »

Dang, Thats nice! You must have a ton of nice fish in that place. How many acres is that lagoon? Cheer up FireBall, the fish are Biting!!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Fire Ball

Lagoon Pig 6/11

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: ukey28Dang, Thats nice! You must have a ton of nice fish in that place. How many acres is that lagoon? Cheer up FireBall, the fish are Biting!!
Yes, there are a ton of nice fish and its only about 200 acres. Hopefully I will do well when I tube tomorrow.
swimbait101

Lagoon Pig 6/11

Post by swimbait101 »

Guess how poor swimbait101 felt when you and your dad caught like 8 bass in front of me when i only caught a TINY bluegill by the ramp
Fire Ball

Lagoon Pig 6/11

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101Guess how poor swimbait101 felt when you and your dad caught like 8 bass in front of me when i only caught a TINY bluegill by the ramp
Fish more and you will catch more fish. I told you what we were using and you were fishing my spot too, lol.