Night Time DD Tubing. My New PB

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

Hey guys, was able to go night tubing at the lagoon for the event. I was with a group of other guys and when we all were in the water; we set off to our spot. On our way, we saw 2 very pretty rainbows; the red was sandwiched in between so one was a reversed rainbow. Luckily it didn’t rain that much.

So as we were nearing our spot, one dude catches a nice 8lb bass. I thought that was going to be the biggest fish of the day but I was wrong. We start fishing and with no bites. As soon as the sun goes down, it’s like someone flipped the bass' "on" button. Almost every 5-10 minutes, I hear a bass splash or an "I got one". All were nice 3 leers too. Unfortunately, I was not one of those people. I was watching everyone catch fish why I was having a bad time. Allot of bugs, tangled line, and my spinning reel broke. I finally switched to a different rod that I hadn’t touched the whole time and by the second cast.......TICK....

I set the hook and start reeling. from the start I can tell she was a big one cuz because I wasn’t getting any line and she was yanking drag off my reel. 12lb test FYI. So I’m fighting her and when she gets close to me, she goes off to the left and under my tube so she drags me in TWO complete circles and finally I see her and yell “it’s a 10lber !!!”. She jumps but doesn’t come off which is good then I land it. I was in total shock that I had just caught one. I’ve seen bigger fish but this time I actually caught it. I noticed that my hook set was perfect, right on the roof of the mouth and all the way in. I get some pics and I let her go.
That is my story. My first and last fish of the night. Biggest one too.
pics coming
See ya
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

That's awesome... congrats on the 10 pounder. Looking forward to seeing the pics too.
Brendan C.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Congratulations!!!! Wow a 10# bass from a tube!! Quite an accomplishment!!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

yeah thanks guys. she took me for a ride

i will be getting pics soon because it wasnt on my camera
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Congrats on the 10 pounder Swimbait101. That is awesome.

Can't wait to see the pics of that one. Thanks for the info.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

i know its taking ages but i will get them on here or at least show u guys at the lake