Castaic Lagoon July 20th

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
swimbait101

Castaic Lagoon July 20th

Post by swimbait101 »

So Fireball and I decide to hit the lagoon on Tuesday for a tube session. I pick him up from his house and we launch in PC. We fish the area for about 40 min and we meter some fish. We drop our lures down and when I reel in my lure, guess what I find?? I find a 1.5 inch bass that snagged on my hook. We both start to crack up and I release the bass with guts hanging out of his body from the hook’s barb >/frown.gif" alt="frown" title="frown" height="15" width="15" />
We move a different spot up north where fireball has confidence in and we fish there for about an hour with no bites. We then move to the weed infested overflow spillway and fish there for a while with no bites…..again.
I see fireball dying of boredom so we move to the buoy line.
I get the first bite and reel him in. It’s a 1.5 lb bass. Fireball decided to take a picture of my taking the hook out……weird

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Sometime later he gets a 1.5 bass to and releases him. I figure out he doesn’t like to take pics of bass under 1.5 lbs so he says no picture. Later I feel a bite and set the hook. I start to reel and this bass jumps like 3 feet in the air and does a backflip. We both are amazed. I reel more and guide the fish away from the buoy line and I land him. It’s a nice, chunky 3lb 9oz bass.

Then Fireball catches another 1.5 lb bass and releases it with no pic. Maybe about 20 minutes later, I see fireball half asleep in his tube with his line out. I decided to attempt to trick him by casting over his line and pretend it’s a fish he has on. I start to reel and I feel something which I assumed was his line. I reel some more and feel a pressure. I thought it was his line again but it went bendo while his rod was straight. I reel in a nice 2lb bass which had a pretty coloration on it. It is picture worthy for fireball and I release it.

Later on in the day, fireball gets another 1.5 lb bass which was the last fish of the day. We kick back but it was windy and the weeds just made it 10000% harder but we make it.

To end the day, we go to Fosters freeze and get the much wanted corn dog and a shake. >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon July 20th

Post by Fire Ball »

Yeees, the corndog and shake were much needed, haha. Soo good. I was so tired from trying to get through the weeds and then taking both of our tubes up to the car, while you only took the rods, lol. I never fish well when I am with you, but at least I caught a nice 4 lber the night before with Geordy. >/cool.gif" alt="cool" title="cool" height="15" width="15" />
George Cawthorn

Castaic Lagoon July 20th

Post by George Cawthorn »

Nice pics and funny story!!! Good to see you guys are doing well out there.

There have been more than a few Pro tournaments won or lost by 1.5 lb. bass.

Hey guys I really do like reading your reports but in general they lack substance and information particularly about your tackle and technique. It's funny that you tell us what you were eating but not what the bass were eating.

Check out Tom Reddington's report..... he's a professional bass guide and he doesn't mind telling us what he's doing.
http://www.bassinusa.com/forum/ubbthrea ... #Post17631