Upper Mills Pond 7/22

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
David Lengyel

Upper Mills Pond 7/22

Post by David Lengyel »

Hey Brendan, whats going on? Just wanted to post a report of a quick Long Island fishing trip today.

Got out to Upper Mills Pond earlier today to get in some fishing. When I got up this morning the wind was blowing W/NW so I knew it was going to be a "kill the battery" kind of day. Launched at around 8:30 am and started to check some of the regular bass haunts. The water was coffee colored from all the runoff after last nights severe thunderstorms and rain. Managed one relatively quickly about 10 feet off a bulkhead on a little jewel, then proceeded to check the shore, sure enough dead zone. I turned the depthsounder sensitivity down to 2 since anything higher was giving it a heart attack and proceeded to find the old river channel. Found the channel and right away got another fish and a few on and offs. The day went on with a slow pick of fish away from the bank. Everytime I would check the bank all I could find there were sub-legal stragglers. One of the last spots of the day was a stump field that was next to deeper water. I made a long cast onto the shallower side and right away it was grabbed by a nice fish. Set the hook and it was on. Now I switched mono to P-line CXX and let me say that fish ran me by every stump he could find but could not break off. Get him in, 4lb 1oz not too shabby. So finished the day at 1pm with 6 fish.

My Long Island bass boat

4lb. 1oz.
swimbait101

Upper Mills Pond 7/22

Post by swimbait101 »

nice sized bass. must have been fun

i love your boat. looks awesome
brendanc

Upper Mills Pond 7/22

Post by brendanc »

Nice... and I agree, the boat looks great.
Brendan C.
ukey28

Upper Mills Pond 7/22

Post by ukey28 »

I like the hat, nice to see someone being sunwise. Nice fish too!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
David Lengyel

Upper Mills Pond 7/22

Post by David Lengyel »

Thanks for the complements on the boat. It really came together nice. The best thing I did was install the 24V trolling motor, it makes fishing in a strong wind easier on the batteries.

Ukey28, yea, I once got a pretty bad burn on the tops of my ears, so I try to cover up as much as possible.
George Cawthorn

Upper Mills Pond 7/22

Post by George Cawthorn »

P-Line is super tough line. Thanks for the report and info. Nice fish and pics. Good read.

Try rigging up some dropshots on 6 lb. P-Line Halo. I get tons of good bites on that stuff.