spike it uv spray

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
allen howard

spike it uv spray

Post by allen howard »

I was watching Roland Martin last night and he had a guy from Spike it on there and he was useing a new uv spray on his soft plastics which changed the color of the lure under water. Later on City Limits Byron Velvick was useing a uv lure which had the same thing impregnated in the lure. Is this just the new trend or has any one been useing this product and have you had any better results with it? From what I could see it turned the lure a glowing blue color under water.
brendanc

spike it uv spray

Post by brendanc »

Hi Alycat,

I've used traditional SpikeIT and other dips/dyes. In saltwater, I have noticed that glowing lures will make a difference, but never put the UV stuff on.

When I read UV, I was thinking sun block... and from SpikeIT, that would be odd... Be careful, you don't get any of that stuff on your hands! lol

Brendan C.
allen howard

spike it uv spray

Post by allen howard »

yeah I've used the dye mysel. This stuff is supposed to change the way it's seen under water by the fish. Spike it has a spray on version and there is a bait company that is making the lures with it in the lure. As for getting it on my hands they pretty much stay chartruse all season long LOLOLOL..
brendanc

spike it uv spray

Post by brendanc »

Nice... nothing like chartruese hands! Hey on a side note, when does your fishing season run for bass (from when to when)?
Brendan C.
allen howard

spike it uv spray

Post by allen howard »

As far as season there really isn't one you can fish year round here. But the tournament season starts around mid march to around late october to mid november. if all the water wasn't up I'd be fishing now it's 52 and raining. i'm planning on going to Dale Hollow around the first of march for some smallie action if the water isn't too high. I know up north there is an actual season for bass but there isn't one here only if the water isn't hard or too high. it was a bad year last season record rains had most of the lakes over their banks and unfishable and the river was a mess. And after deer season I keep busy making jigs and spinner baits, sorting tackle, repairing rods and reels. The boat and fishing convention starts next week Joe Thomas is giving seminars and since everyone knows him and he lives here it's kind of mute. kVD was ther last year and it was packed.But kentucky lake and Dale Hollow are only a three or four hour drive from here plus Cumberland so if you want to go fishing we have some pretty good choices.