New Message Board Area for Bass Clubs!

A place to share information about your bass club, or request information about bass clubs...
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Since we are going to be releasing our newly designed Bass Fishing Clubs area shortly, I thought this would be a good time to open a message board dedicated to Bass Fishing Clubs. Feel free to post any questions you may have, or share any information about your club here.

Brendan
Brendan C.
MbBass

Post by MbBass »

How do i find or start something in myrlte beach south carolina.I have searched but must be typeing everything but the right thing.Thanx
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Good question. If you want to be federation affiliated (BASS or FLW), you need to register the club with them. However, you do not have to have a federation affiliation. My suggestion would be to start by getting a group of guys together and then take it from their. If you want to join an existing club, contact the SC Bass Federation:

Their website is: http://www.scbassfed.org/

This is their handbook it has federation contacts and list the names of bass clubs in SC, but no club contacts. You could always google each club name, but it might be quicker to give someone at the Federation a call, as they will know which clubs are close by you: SC FED HANDBOOK
Brendan C.
longislandbassman

Post by longislandbassman »

Brendan is there a club here on L.I. that does some touraments and has a good group of guys that are willing to helpout new comers to our sport and let them really learn the right way ?? Just NOT the L.I Bassmaster here in Ronkonkoma,Not very friendly group of guys there...

Thanks
God Bless
Pete (Bass Wrecker)
BassWrecker

Post by BassWrecker »

Lets me redo that post i made above,, Back 5-6 years ago there was'nt they were'nt very friendly a few of them.. Most were nice that i met... Sorry to make it sound like ALL of them are not.. Thats a wrong statement to make for 1-2 bad apples...
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Understood... every club has a few bad apples... the best advise I could give you would be to visit a few different clubs during their general meeting. Do you own a boat? If so, what type? How far are you willing to travel to fish tournaments? These few questions will help me point you in the right direction. I'm sure you will be able to find the right club for you...

Thanks,
Brendan
Brendan C.
BassWrecker

Post by BassWrecker »

Well i spoke with Jim From LIB and we are getting together at the next meeting tomorrow...We talked a lil on the phone and he told me there was alot of changes made to the club.. So i will see what its about 1 more time..

Anyway to answer your question.. Yes i own at boat but only a 11ft with trolling motor.. I will fish and travel anywhere...
I will be in the Next Tournament at Forge Pond with LIB Hopefully

Maybe i will see you there and we can chat a little.
Thanks
Pete
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

I'm not sure if I will be at the meeting (yet), but if you see me there, definitely say hi... There have been a lot of changes to the club since you stopped down last time. Either way, you still need to feel comfortable with the way things are run and also to click with the membership. I hope I can make it to the meeting...

Brendan
Brendan C.