Orlando Bass Fishing Report

Regional forum for anglers from Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee.
FloridaBassin

Orlando Bass Fishing Report

Post by FloridaBassin »

January bass fishing has been off the hook! The month started out with a big bang, as Ari came to fish, saying he never caught anything over I believe 5 pounds, well Butler Chain did not let him down. Ari caught two beauties, one coming in just over 7 pounds, and the other coming in just over 6 pounds! Both bass were caught on Butler using live bait, although the bite that day was rather slow, the size more than made up for everything this day.
Early part of the month I showed a tournament angler around the chain, giving up a few of my good spots, word back from him was as a co-angler, he ended up in second place, while his boater walked away with first place, all the bass coming from the areas I had taken him to, shameless little plug for myself there, but always a pleasure to hear back from guys on how they did in their tournaments, very happy things went great for these guys.
Johns Lake is still producing some good quality bass. Most of our catch has been coming from around docks and deeper water grass beds. Gitem Warlocks and Gitem Sugars have been the main producers for us, along with of course the trusty steel shad.
We had a few runs out to Conway Chain of lakes and did very good using the Storm curl tail swim bait, steel shad and Carolina rigged gitem warlocks, all bass were coming from deeper waters, with most of our focus coming from fishing in the middle of the lake.
Private water we have been fishing is still producing not only some good bass, but also some very good crappie. Bass have been coming from mid lake areas using mostly steel shads and one ounce spinner baits, shallow waters have been producing with Gitem Warlocks, Gitem KO’s and the Gitem Curly 7’s.
Paul Fisler and his nephew HM1 Shane R Gilley came for 3 days of some very entertaining fishing. Paul had been trying to get Shane to join us, and Shane finally got some time off to enjoy the great Florida waters and did an outstanding job catching some bass and crappie. I personally want to thank Shane, as well as all the service men and woman who proudly serve our great nations armed forces, because if it was not for them, I would not be able to make a living the way I do, God Bless all of you.
Capt Tim Fey
Bassfishingfl.com
Capt Tim Fey
BassFishingFl.com