Mattern Guide Service Sam Rayburn Lake Palestin

Regional forum for anglers from Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas
Mattern Guide Service

Mattern Guide Service Sam Rayburn Lake Palestin

Post by Mattern Guide Service »

Mattern Guide Service on Sam Rayburn & Palestine
Hello Everybody,

DEUTERONOMY 20: VERSE 1: When you go out to battle against your enemies, and you see horses, chariots, and people more than yourselves, be not afraid of them; for the LORD thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of EGYPT.

SAM RAYBURN: Well the Big Bass Splash ended this last week-end. The Biggest was a 10.90 which won $250,000.00 in merchandise. There were 4 Bass caught over 10 lbs. with over 7,500 entries on Big Sam. There were over 300 Bass over 4 lbs. caught.

That was really great for the people around Big Sam and their economy. The Bass were finishing up their spawn durring this tournament and now the spawn is finished except for maybe some late commers.

The pressure really shut down the bite this week. Along with the Lake filling up in about 10 days that had been about 9 feet low for months. This has stained the whole Lake and scattered the Bass. Lake level is 162.45 about 2 feet under full pool.

Don't get me wrong I thank God for the Lake filling up but I must report current conditions.

It is a tough bite right now with most Bass suspending out in the deep and healing up from the spawn.

In a few weeks the water with new vegetation fron warming temps and the Bass comming back in to put on the heavy feed bag is lining up for some great action.

Bass that were caught this week started hitting Nichols Spinnerbaits in whites and chartruses along with wacky worms worked in 4-8 feet. The carolina rig worked in 10-14 foot produced some good Bass using watermelon flukes.

Winds have been strong all week out of the South beating the Northern Banks so they are pretty ugly.

LAKE PALESTINE: Lake Palestine caught alot of run off from the Neches River and it of course stained up North somewhat and slowed the bite down. Lake level is at 345.41 a little above full pool.

Mid Lake to Dam is a little off color but is holding some Bass along Banks in 2-6 feet and around boat houses. Nichols Spinnerbaits and small crankbaits in shad patterns are working as well as Texas rigged Creature baits. The darker colors such as Junebug and black neons and black and blues are best.

One thing I learned as a Guide is 8 inches or more of rain really meses with the Bass but We all will be glad in August for the rain. Be careful out there the winds they say, are to continue for another week.

If you want to book a trip call me at 903-478-2633 or 903-724-0961. God Bless

Thanks to my sponsors:

Ranger Boats-The Boat Center-Flint,Texas- 903-825-2293
Nichols Lures- 903-589-8100
Kistler Rods- 281-259-8033
Phantom Tackle- phantomtackle.com
E2 Baits- E2baits.com

Date Added: 2009-04-24
Type of Fishing: Casting
Charter Service Name: Mattern Guide Service
Email Guide or Angler: [email protected]
Website URL: http://matternguideservice.fghp.com