Hansen Dam

Regional forum for anglers from California, Oregon, Washington
rbtek1

Hansen Dam

Post by rbtek1 »

There's a reservoir that almost never gets fished with huge bass called Hansen Dam reservoir. You have to sneak in from the hiking trails. Anyone ever been there or heard of it? It's here in Los Angeles.
Roboworm99

Hansen Dam

Post by Roboworm99 »

If you have to sneak in...wouldn't that be called trespassing?
**Ray Charpentier**
rbtek1

Hansen Dam

Post by rbtek1 »

Was just asking. Apparently plenty of the local people fish this spot.
heylucky

Hansen Dam

Post by heylucky »

I havent.. but sounds like fun! when are we going? also.. has anyone fished little rock dam? I just saw a link for a lake up there...
http://www.littlerockdam.com/index.htm
"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish"
rbtek1

Hansen Dam

Post by rbtek1 »

Bassaholic I just went to the reservoir yesterday 4 lbs on the average all day at HD. I'll go to littlerock with you. Let me know.
heylucky

Hansen Dam

Post by heylucky »

Come on Ray!! Where is your adventurous side >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" /> its only trespassing if you get caught LOL!
"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish"
ronlehman909

Hansen Dam

Post by ronlehman909 »

Bassaholic, just reading about the Dam Burgers and Dam Dogs makes me want to go. I just emailed Little Rock Dam to see if they allowed tube fishing on the lake.
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
heylucky

Hansen Dam

Post by heylucky »

Ya it does look like a cool little fishing hole doesnt it?
ronlehman909

Hansen Dam

Post by ronlehman909 »

The owners of the [censored] Logdge got back to me today and said they do allow tubes and that they rent them as well. Also have bait and lures if needed. He said the waters warm and invited everyone up. I wonder if anyone has fished there recently and could give us a fish report? I don't know how to get to it do you bassaholic?
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
George Cawthorn

Hansen Dam

Post by George Cawthorn »

Yeah you can fish at Littlerock but you have to buy one of those "Adventure Passes" for parking at the local liquor store before you go up there. $100 fine for parking there without the pass.

You can tube at Littlerock. Water level there varies a lot. Sometimes it is full all the way up to the top of the dam... sometimes it looks like a mud hole. I have seen the depth of the water there vary by as much as 100 ft.

At Hansen Dam you can fish the "Cement Pond" which is often stocked with trout and also has some pretty big bas in there that can be caught once in a while without the risk of a fine. A buddy of mine caught a nine pounder over by the docks with a Hud.

The other lake at Hansen Dam that can be fished is the remnant of the original resevoir which is basically off limits because of the unstable ground around it. Some areas are prone to liquifaction... quicksand. But there are nice bass in there.

I have heard that the topwater action there can be over the top at times.

Not a bad place to fish if you can handle the excitement of possibly getting arrested, or getting sucked into the mud.