HumminBird New Units 1197c SI and the 1157C

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
TableRockGuide

Post by TableRockGuide »

Guy's Humminbird is going to release the new 1197cSI (Sideimaging unit) and the 1157c (serious deep water version)Units here this spring. These guys are the same as the 997c and 957 units but they have the new 10.5 screen and much better resolution. When we get more detailed information I will post it..

Here is a picture the top unit is the new 1197cSI

Good Fishing Guys..

Attached files
Capt. Don House: Bassin' USA Prostaff : Missouri

Capt. Don House
Branson Fishing Guide Service
Table Rock Lake, Branson Mo.
USCG Licensed and Insured
http://www.bransonfishingguideservice.com

Pro Staff for Bassin' USA, G3 Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics, Minnkota Trolling motors, Grandt Custom Rods, Center City Marine, JackAll, Ardent Reels and Thunder Struck Jigs
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hi Don,

I was just wondering if you could post a little more information about this new unit. For example what are the benefits of the 1197 over let’s say the 997? I guess I'm specifically asking why would I (or anyone else) want to upgrade?

Thanks,
Brendan
Brendan C.
TableRockGuide

Post by TableRockGuide »

Brendan, both units are pretty much the same with a few really neat chanages to the new 1197 unit compared to the 997 unit.

1197C SI:

Biggest thing a monster Screen full 11" display, which uses the entire screen for outstanding display views. Compare these to a TV set now on the market, Basic Color tube verses a HDTV 1080i Screen.

Next 800Mhz SI verses the 455 Mhz Si

This feature is in both units but on the new 1197 unit with the larger screen the 800 Mhz SI is like real time video with unreal clearity for much better details of what you are looking at such as Brush Piles, Creek channels, ditches and roads. This works so well on this new unit alot of the search and rescue departments and insurance companies around the US are using these now to find all types of things like yes bodies, stolen cars,ect..
This feature is also on the 997 unit,but the smaller screen does not give the detail that the bigger screen does.

Real Time Video output

Only on the 1197 unit, say you find a large school of fish that is in a feeding frenzy you can go in now and save real time video to an S/D card then import it into a video program on your P/C for editing and so forth.. Pretty Neat feature.

Better Mapping Information

And Last Very detailed mapping features, when you purchase the new 1997cSi NVB combo this comes with the new Platium Navonics mapping chip built into the unit, instead of having a S/D chip taking up a slot. Well worth the money to find places most mapping compaies do not place on them.

So these new units may not be for everyone due to cost, but for the hard core fishing person these are worth every penny! Just ask Alton Jones, he used these features to find his fish and allowed him to win the Classic.

Any questions just drop me a post I will get them answered as fast as I can.

Good Fishing Everyone

Capt. Don

Capt. Don House

Pro Staff for Bassin' USA, G3 Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics, Minnkota Trolling motors, Grandt Custom Rods, Center City Marine, JackAll, Ardent Reels and Thunder Struck Jigs
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

OK, sounds interesting. I like the idea that you can record what you are seeing (like a video). My 997 has the ability to switch to 800 MHz and I have tried it. It seems to be a little "buggy" for lack of a better word. Sometimes the picture looks great, and sometimes it breaks up. I will say that right off the bat, you need to turn down the sensitivity.
When you say that they have improved on the maps, do you know if they have done anything to improve the refresh rate of the GPS as it relates to boat position? I have noticed a lag and when trying to get over a weigh point, (something very specific) it has a difficult time recognizing where the boat is while moving slowly. Do you have any thoughts, tips or info on this?

Thanks,
BC
Brendan C.
TableRockGuide

Post by TableRockGuide »

Brendan, something is not right, mine is on the mark and fast to boot at any range. Let's post this question on the Sideimaging Group on Yahoo (http://groups.yahoo/group/sideimaging/ ).. All of the Humminbird Engineers are on that site and can answer your question faster than me, they will help they are very good about answer all questions addressed to them. Let me know if you need help, and what they say.

Good Fishing

Don

Capt. Don House

brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Don,

Which part, the 800Mhz or the GOS issue? or Both?

Thanks,
Brendan
Brendan C.
TableRockGuide

Post by TableRockGuide »

Brendan, sorry for the delay again, but it really got busy down here again, it's about 5:30 am and I'm getting ready to go out on another 8 hour trip today!! Post both and post to the Humminbird Engineers, but I'm was really talking about the GPS issue.. They are really good and will get back with you fast, more than likely it will be Mark that will answer you. If not just let me know and I will call them myself when I can get a few mins.. Ok gotta go make some money..

Be Safe Everyone

Capt. Don

Capt. Don House