Squantz Pond CT

List your bass fishing tournament name, start/finish dates, contact info, tournament details/location and your Website url and don't forget to check the box and assign a date to add your tournament on our bass fishing tournament events calendar.
Anthony Falzon

Squantz Pond CT

Post by Anthony Falzon »

First tournament of the year. If the season continues the way this one went I will be one happy angler.

Where do I start, Got there Saturday at 5AM wanted to practice the times as the tournament. This was my first time there so I studied the map pretty good the past few weeks and got a general idea where to start. The lake looked very low. We headed north to 12 feet of water and started fishing the big submerged boulders hoping to find some warmer water.

Avg temp was 49 deg. I hit my first bass around 6:15, 4 1/2# LM marked the spot on the GPS and moved about 30 feet and hit a 3# SM marked spot and left immediately away. as the day progressed we where catching fish at a good pace marked all the spots I kinda had a good idea and pattern of what the fish where doing.

The only thing bothering me was not knowing the lake, so if we where to catch a limit which we did, where do we go to catch or upgrade 1 1/2# fish to 3# or better.

Tournament day. We went with our plan and by 6:30 we had our limit with a nice 3+ SM in the well with the other 5 ranging from 1# to 1.14# We managed to cull to an avg of 2.2# which gave us 14.1# and second place. Not bad at all it was a great start and the studying of a new lake payed of.
Anthony Falzon

Squantz Pond CT

Post by Anthony Falzon »

The early bite we worked our baits slow it seemed like that's what the fish wanted. After 12PM the fish where aggressive.For about an hour or so every other cast we had a fish on. It was great and a lot of work culling. Thanks. Yes Dave and Ray did a good job also 14.10# It hurts a little to loose by 9 ounces but all in all I was very satisfied with our performance on a lake I never fished before.

This Saturday should be interesting. Water temp should rise a couple of degrees, I have been studying the map every day and I will apply last Sunday's fishing to Candlewood. The good thing is I have a pretty good idea where to go to to upgrade the weight being I fished Candlewood many times.

It will be a tough tournament there are some heavy hitters fishing this one but I'm going to fish my best and it only takes 3,4 good fish and hopefully we will be in the mix of things.
SomethingSmells

Squantz Pond CT

Post by SomethingSmells »

Congrats Anthony, And second place on a lake you never fished is a great finish. I can't catch 5 fish on a lake I grow up on. LOL
James Carroll "Live,Love,Laugh and fish"
Anthony Falzon

Squantz Pond CT

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Thanks James
wgbassgirl

Squantz Pond CT

Post by wgbassgirl »

Anthony Good Luck this weekend. The weather is going to be great.
Anthony Falzon

Squantz Pond CT

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Thank You wgbassgirl,

We are already up in Danbury just settled in at the hotel, it is beautiful out there.
Anthony Falzon

Squantz Pond CT

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Thanks Bro, Wish you where here with us. Next time right.
George Cawthorn

Squantz Pond CT

Post by George Cawthorn »

good job
Anthony Falzon

Squantz Pond CT

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Thanks George.

I appreciate reading all your posts and topics, very helpful.