Castaic lagoon sep 13

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
swimbait101

Castaic lagoon sep 13

Post by swimbait101 »

heyo guys, i went out to the lagoon early in the morning from 6:30-10:00. i went without my canoe this time. so we park and i start throwing my floating bbz trout. ever cast i keep getting a " Pro overrun " one cast i could pick it out so i put on another reel with a ac minnow. i cast that for an hour wit nothin so i switch to try to catch a big bull 'gill. i get a treble hook and a trout magnet grub on it and keep casting. it seems that im getting lots of bass fry from 2-10 inches. so it starts getting annoying and i make a cast to the bluegill and its folloing it but then BAM and tinnie bass takes it and im pretty mad. so i say no and tie on a wacky rigged magnum fluke. i guess the action is better in the pool so i switch to a texas rig lizard with nothing. i switch to a trout worm and start casting, i finally see a keeper bass following it, but it turns away when i see it. earlier i grabbed a nice crawdad on the rocks and cast it out. i later realized i killed it when i grabbed it.

thats it fer today
ronlehman909

Castaic lagoon sep 13

Post by ronlehman909 »

Hey Swimbait,
I went out Sat & Sunday. Sat. I caught 3--LMB dragging a split shot with a wacky worm set-up...they were all about 1 lb. each. However the best catch was while I was dragging the worm I got tangled up on what I thought was a rock but it turned out to be a 5'6" Shakespeare Ugly stick with a Shimanto 2000 reel on it. The reel was shot (not working as it had been down under way too long) but the ugly stick was perfect. Sunday I got Skunked!
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
Fire Ball

Castaic lagoon sep 13

Post by Fire Ball »

I was fishing from shore on the lagoon tonight. I only managed to fish for 30 or 40 minutes because I got there so late. The water was pretty rough so I figured I wasn't going to catch anything anyway. A few nights ago, I managed to catch a small largemouth and so did my brother on topwaters.
Do those BBZ swimbaits actually work? They are expensive, so I don't want to waste my money on one if it won't catch fish. I am going to be doing most of my fishing from shore.
swimbait101

Castaic lagoon sep 13

Post by swimbait101 »

ron you lucky, where didi u catch them

yeah thwy work, i caught my first swimbait bass on the floater
Fire Ball

Castaic lagoon sep 13

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101ron you lucky, where didi u catch them

yeah thwy work, i caught my first swimbait bass on the floater

Ok, I'll think about buying one of those BBZ floating swimbaits. What color is best and where can I buy one?

I'm probably going to the lagoon tomorrow after school. Don't know for sure, yet.
swimbait101

Castaic lagoon sep 13

Post by swimbait101 »

rainbow trout, i prefer the glossy finish. just look at it, if its glossy or matte