42 MPH winds closes Castaic Lagoon this AM.

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
ronlehman909

Post by ronlehman909 »

Left Burbank area at 5:45AM and by the time I arrived at Lagoon I could tell by the white caps the lake wasn't going to open at 6:45AM. Weird weather as it was calm when I left Burbank. Lake is so low that you can now walk across the rocks at the South end of the lake.
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Thanks for the info Ron! I had the day off today and was considering going up there for a sundowner. But I can see by the way the trees are blowing around in Mission Hills that it must be blowing pretty good across the Lagoon like you say.

By the way, it was right from those exposed rocks about half way across and cast out about thirty yards north toward the big lake that I caught my personal best largemouth.
ronlehman909

Post by ronlehman909 »

You may want to go tonight as the winds have died down to 8mph out of the NW. >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" /> I got skunked there yesterday but I did get a huge bite off the end where the big tree is. (dragging a green worm on the bottom) Lost him before I could get him in. Movie studio was filming a war film on the swim beach area so I just sat in my tube and watched the action. They had a giant water cannon they were spraying across the beach to make it appear that it was raining heavily. ONLY IN CALIFORNIA...sureal as there is a drought with fire warnings all around us and they are making it rain on a beach!!!!!!!!!
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Yesterday morning there was hardly any wind, but it seemed to kick up after I went home for some food and to Sport Chalet for some different hooks and bait for bluegill. I also noticed how low the water is!
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

crud, i hope its not windy on sunday. if it isnt im gonna be there in my canoe probably
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: swimbait101crud, i hope its not windy on sunday. if it isnt im gonna be there in my canoe probably
I will probably be there too. I hate when it is windy! Maybe I will see you, but I'm going to be on the shore or the pier.