Castaic Lagoon 11/11

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
George Cawthorn

Castaic Lagoon 11/11

Post by George Cawthorn »

Yeah the Lagoon can be real tough if it's windy. Especially when it comes zippin' down across the lake from the NW over the dam. I have literally been "blown over" a few times when it got over 40 MPH.

I will be out there on the south end for most of the day on Wednesday this week if it's not too windy that is. I'm not hard to find, always wear camo, gloves, and boots.

Later...........
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon 11/11

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassYeah the Lagoon can be real tough if it's windy. Especially when it comes zippin' down across the lake from the NW over the dam. I have literally been "blown over" a few times when it got over 40 MPH.

I will be out there on the south end for most of the day on Wednesday this week if it's not too windy that is. I'm not hard to find, always wear camo, gloves, and boots.

Later...........
It was really windy on Sunday. I went and got skunked, but my friend managed to catch 1 bass. I usually only go on weekends because of school, but sometimes I go after school.
Roboworm99

Castaic Lagoon 11/11

Post by Roboworm99 »

Originally Posted By: geobass I'm not hard to find, always wear camo, gloves, and boots.

Isn't that the point of wearing Camo?
**Ray Charpentier**
George Cawthorn

Castaic Lagoon 11/11

For some maybe, for me camo is a state of mind.

But you might be right cause I was at the Lagoon yesterday in my usual outfit and nobody came over to say hello.... probably couldn't see me.
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon 11/11

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassFor some maybe, for me camo is a state of mind.

But you might be right cause I was at the Lagoon yesterday in my usual outfit and nobody came over to say hello.... probably couldn't see me.
How was it yesterday? I went to pick my boat up at a repair shop, but I decided not to go fishing, because it was way too windy. Catch any fish?
George Cawthorn

Castaic Lagoon 11/11

It was real tough Fire Ball. I was going to make a short post since it was my return to fishing after four months out with the bum ankle but since I did so poorly I decided to skip it.

Water was 58, air temp was 60. Wind was pretty strong from the north between 20 and gusting to 35 when I split. No bites but it was really good to get out there again.

Water level was at lowest I've seen it in six years. Bouy line was high and dry at the south end and you could walk all the way across on the exposed rocks. Which I did halfway.

I got zeroed.
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon 11/11

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassIt was real tough Fire Ball. I was going to make a short post since it was my return to fishing after four months out with the bum ankle but since I did so poorly I decided to skip it.

Water was 58, air temp was 60. Wind was pretty strong from the north between 20 and gusting to 35 when I split. No bites but it was really good to get out there again.

Water level was at lowest I've seen it in six years. Bouy line was high and dry at the south end and you could walk all the way across on the exposed rocks. Which I did halfway.

I got zeroed.
The water level is pretty sad. I think it is time to start fishing slower since it is getting colder. I went to the upper lake with my boat on Saturday, but it was closed because of the high winds.
I was going to go to the lower lake today from shore, but ended up going to Oxnard and did a little dock fishing in Channel Islands Harbor. I wanted to avoid the Castaic winds.
George Cawthorn

Castaic Lagoon 11/11

Yeah the cold does slow things down. I think at this time of the year your chances are better in the late afternoon to dusk.

Funny thing is there was almost no wind when I left my house in Mission Hills. When I got to the lake there was a pretty stiff breeze when I parked my car at the fire station.

I knew what I was in for but what the heck.....I was already there!!!