That Other Fish?

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
George Cawthorn

That Other Fish?

Post by George Cawthorn »

I thought I would throw this one out there to see what you guys have to say.

We have had questions about what is your favorite fish to catch besides bass etc. but this question is a little different.

What I would like to know is what other type of fish do you go out rigged up for when you go out after largemouth.

Whenever I go out for largemouth I always bring one rod rigged up for rainbow trout. Now the rainbow is not my second favorite to largemouth but it is what I run into most when the bass are not in gear.

So what is it guys? What else do you go out rigged up for when you go out for largemouth?
Fire Ball

That Other Fish?

Post by Fire Ball »

If I am in my tube, I prepare to catch some monster crappie. >/laugh.gif" alt="laugh" title="laugh" height="15" width="15" />
If I am on shore, I either go for the big bluegill or trout. I haven't caught a trout in a couple years though, I just don't target them for a long enough time.
johnnie crain outdoors

That Other Fish?

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

I am constantly aware that a walleye can easily be caught on one of my crankbaits. I have caught walleye on cranks, spinnerbaits and even plastic worms. I don't mind a bit! Never caught one on a jig and pig. Strange.
Johnnie Crain
swimbait101

That Other Fish?

Post by swimbait101 »

i once caught a 1 1/2 inch goby looking thing at the lagoon on a redworm. i asked the lifeguards but they said it was a hybrid something

i like sight fishing trout on jigs
only when they shallow though
Roboworm99

That Other Fish?

Post by Roboworm99 »

since the question is :

What I would like to know is what other type of fish do you go out rigged up for when you go out after largemouth.

My answer...I don't rig up for any other fish If I am going after Bass. I concentrate completely on Bass.
**Ray Charpentier**
BTwizy

That Other Fish?

Post by BTwizy »

If Im on the shore....Ill throw out a line with some chicken liver lookin for catfish.
Thats usually not so bad because I can continue to bass fish and u never know what will hit the other poll.
Ive caught anything from whitebass too big snappin turtles on my other line.

On the boat Im fish for whateva hits a crankbait!
heylucky

That Other Fish?

Post by heylucky »

in the dead of winter... I seem to have a Crappie pole with me at all times... from spring on... ALL BASS BABY!
"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish"
brendanc

That Other Fish?

Post by brendanc »

Originally Posted By: Roboworm99
My answer...I don't rig up for any other fish If I am going after Bass. I concentrate completely on Bass.

I'm sticking with Robo on this one...
Brendan C.