Castaic Lagoon 1/7 - Terrible Fishing from Shore

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Yesterday I went to Castaic Lagoon with Robo Bass and one other friend. Robo Bass and I wanted to help our friend catch his first bass so we had to fish from shore since he doesn't have a tube. I would have much preferred fishing from my tube! We got there at about 7:00 am and left at about 7:00 pm! We REALLY wanted to beat the skunk. I was throwing practically everything I had in my tackle box in a couple of my favorite spots for nothing, but Robo Bass and my other friend like the pier a lot (I hate the pier for bass!!!) so we stayed there for a longer than I wanted to... I would have like to try a couple other spots, but we wasted most of our time on the pier. Yesterday was THE WORST day of fishing I have had in months! The Lagoon is doing terrible from shore right now. If you are going to fish from a boat at the Lagoon right now, live crawdads are the ticket! We saw some guys catching a LOT of bass on them yesterday. All in all, I realized that I WILL NOT fish from shore at the Lagoon for the remainder of winter. I will stick to my tube and hopefully catch some nice bass. I wish spring was here already!
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

try to cast UNDER the pier
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Yeah Fire Ball it was a hard deal from the shoreline. I never liked the area around the pier that much myself.

I'm a firm believer that largemouth are allergic to Power Bait.
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: geobassYeah Fire Ball it was a hard deal from the shoreline. I never liked the area around the pier that much myself.

I'm a firm believer that largemouth are allergic to Power Bait.
Me too. It is funny to see people fish for bass with Power Bait and even funnier when they are fishing for trout with 30 lb test, lol. Power Bait is nice for trout though.
DFG actually stopped by last night too! The guy seemed pretty cool.
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Well there is this one blonde lady DFG I've run into up at the Lagoon that is very cool.