Awsome Baseball Spring Training Catch by Suzuki

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Hey it was only a spring training game but this catch is pretty incredible defense on the part of Ichiro Suzuki.

Any of you bass guys that are into baseball too you will appreciate this.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=...sp&c_id=mlb
wgbassgirl

Post by wgbassgirl »

Geo - Thanks for the link..I heard about this but had not seen it..huge baseball fan here..that was impressive and good for him..not afraid to get dirty. lol
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Hey Wendy... I knew there would be some b ball fans hanging around here.

First of all his instinct and reflexes... he got a great read and jump on that ball.

Second his speed, and third the athleticism to turn his back on the infield take six strides at full tilt, end it off with a last ditch leap and then a roll into the wall and still come up with the ball is well........ spectacular to say the least!!!!!

Nunz... most likely a 225 Hammerhead rolling into the boat would be slightly more exciting.
wgbassgirl

Post by wgbassgirl »

The first girl born on my dad's side in 90 years and mainly men in the family, and other than mom and Aunts that married in..it was bound to happen.

I am glad you pointed out the actions that got him there..his athleticism and his outfielder skills were on display for all to see for sure...It was impressive and I love to see them get dirty.. >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />

I can't tell you how many times we have seen an outfielder slack off and cut his effort short to make the almighty grand catch that would save the game...just so they won't end up bruised or hurt.

Kudo's to Ichiro Suzuki..I am sure it was risky since it was only Spring Training.