Wind blown Shad?

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
johnnie crain outdoors

Wind blown Shad?

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Hey buddy, good luck with the tournaments. Gets my blood boiling too. We have nothing around here until April-got to make sure the ice is off the lakes! Johnnie
Johnnie Crain
allen howard

Wind blown Shad?

Post by allen howard »

Thanks Johnnie the itch has been driving me nuts. we'll be at Barren River Kentucky. About an hour north of Nashville. It's a bit warmer there in the mid to high 60's. And the water temp is rising. From what I've heard the fish are starting to bite good right now. I'm excited as all get out! Can't wait to get there..
brendanc

Wind blown Shad?

Post by brendanc »

Hey, kick some butt alycat...
Brendan C.
allen howard

Wind blown Shad?

Post by allen howard »

Thanks Brendan. It's great to finally get out on the water again. I've been working hard to get better. I won two tourneys last year and placed in the money twice. I want to better that this year.I'll let you all know how I did monday...
allen howard

Wind blown Shad?

Post by allen howard »

Well folks back from Barren river it was a rough weekend. Cold Saturday dropped to the 50's but warmed up by the end of the day.Sunday had thunder storms and high winds. But managed to weigh in 8.7lbs. to take 2nd place. 9.5lbs took first place. My biggest fish the for two days was 3.5lbs. biggest fish for the tourney was 4.6lbs. The water was 21ft below summer pool so there was alot of ledge fishing and off of points.water temp was only 50 to 55 with an average clarity of 3ft and stained. Most of the fish were taken on crankbaits mid to deep divers and 3/8oz to 1oz jigs. My thanks goes out to the people at the Comfort and Days Inns in Glascow,KY for making it a great place to stay with accomidations for boats with outlets for charging your rigs. We had a great time!!!
allen howard

Wind blown Shad?

Post by allen howard »

It was a 1/2oz strike king jig with a netbait craw both black.
brendanc

Wind blown Shad?

Post by brendanc »

Nice job with 2nd place... Which species were you targeting?
Brendan C.
George Cawthorn

Wind blown Shad?

Post by George Cawthorn »

I can't remember seeing wind blown shad but I have seen them drive into the back of coves by schools of bass.

So crowded and scared in there that they start to jump up on the shoreline as the big boys barrel in for a mouthful.
allen howard

Wind blown Shad?

Post by allen howard »

We were going for lm bass. Caught a few spots and some short smallies. But did take home a good striper prefishing.