Mattern Guide Service on Lake Palestine

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Mattern Guide Service

Post by Mattern Guide Service »

Hello Everybody,

PSALM 56: Verses 3&4: What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise His Word, In God I have put my trust.

Water Temps are Still in the mid to upper 70's.

Well this is the time of year yuou can find many species in the shallows spawning. Crappie and Catfish are all over the shallows you just have to set up on them right to catch.

Danny Minter from Whitehouse and Father from Canada enjoyed a great day fishing for the Crappie and Catfish. We used Minnows fished under corks set at 2 feet, while fishing along creek channels in 3-6 feet of water. You never know what is gonna eat that minnow and durring the day we had at least 3 Big Fish break of. Enclosed is some pictures of them with their crappie. Fish were cleaned after the end of the day and a good mess of fish went Home with the Minters.

If you are a Crappie and Catfish lover just give me a call. The Crappie and Catfish are spawning for about the next 3 weeks or so and it is a great time to cork fish for them and get some meat.

I am working out of the Paxton's place called the Lake Palestine Resort. They have 35 Cabins or so with Resturant and tackle.

A great place to spend a couple of days fishing.Check out The Lake Palestine Resort web-page for Cabins and Resturant and tackle at lakepalestineresort.com

Jesus loves you and the devil is a liar.

Give me a call at 903-478-2633 or 903-724-0961 to book a Guided trip on any of these Lakes. Or you can go to my e-mail at [email protected] to book. God Bless

PS: CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB-PAGES AT matternguideservice.com. for more info.

Thanks to my great sponsors who you will be hearing more about their great baits that produce more bites and equipment. Don Mattern Sr.

Ranger Boats-The Boat Center-Flint,Texas-903-825-2293

Kistler Rods- 281-259-8033

Nichols Lures- 903-589-8100

Phantom Tackle- phantomtackle.com

E 2 Baits- e2baits.com

Type of Fishing: Corks and Minnows

Charter Service Name: Mattern Guide Service

Email Guide or Angler: [email protected]

Website URL: http://matternguideservice.com

Captains Name: Don Mattern Sr.

Region You Fish: Lake Palestine

Biz Phone: 903-478-2633 or 903-724-0961