Where's The Fish??

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
brendanc

Where's The Fish??

Post by brendanc »

No worries... nice little pond he's got there, right?
Brendan C.
ukey28

Where's The Fish??

Post by ukey28 »

You guys were on 2 different lakes!!!!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
JLBait

Where's The Fish??

Post by JLBait »

Hey Brendan!!It's not Frank's lake any more, it's mine now!!! Especially with my red hat and new, very special jigs!!!
ukey28

Where's The Fish??

Post by ukey28 »

I found the Curse, and shame on me for not picking up on it right away. I missed a fish today about 5 pounds and another smaller one. I saw both of them, got them to take, hit them and they spit the hook the first time they turned. Thats usually the sign of a bad hook set, not all the way in. So after the second fish this afternoon, I just put that set up down and pulled out my flippin stick to really send the hook home. I didn't get another hit and when I was putting my gear away I looked over my original set up. The hook on my jig was bent up. I had no true point, If I had checked the rig out Last Tuesday night I would have noticed it then! Here's a picture of the jig point.

See how it turns up, thats from pulling it on wood or rock. The point was dulled to the point of not catching my finger when I pulled it across, so the fish felt the hook, I got it to bite a little bit and as soon as they turn or jump and there is just s scosh less tension in the line out pops the jig. Hopefully this ends it.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
brendanc

Where's The Fish??

Post by brendanc »

Shame on you! I can see the rust on that hook from here!!! The hook point makes it twice as bad!

May the fish Gods judge softly the error of your ways!
Brendan C.