Catch N Release

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
BTwizy

Catch N Release

Post by BTwizy »

So labor day weekend I was fishing a private pond and caught what will could probably decribed as a bass of a life time. It was 22 inches long and prolly 7 to 8 pounds. ( I posted a crappy pic taken with my G/F cell phone)

My dad was there and helped me get it out, he was more excited than me. The bass was a wall hanger as he put it. However I could not bring myself to keep it and let the bass go.

So now Im kinda kickin myself in the [censored] debating on if I should have got the bass mounted or was letting it go the right thing to do.

I of course have no answers to this question and come to u the bassinusa community for comments! What would you have done?

As a side note the pond this bass was caught in is owned by an 81 yr old guy who lives in the middle of nowhere. My dad goes out to his place to clear land and is the only one who visits him. The pond hasnt been fished in years and this was our second time fishing it. Both times we caught maybe 7 bass a piece in an hour or two and noone will ever fish it but me n my dad.
ronlehman909

Catch N Release

Post by ronlehman909 »

I think you did the right thing. Take a picture and frame it if you want a reminder or wish to show it off. Maybe the lesson here is to bring a better camera for the next trip. >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
ronlehman909

Catch N Release

Post by ronlehman909 »

By-the-way...Picture looks Great, Congratulations on the nice catch.
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
traffic12

Catch N Release

Post by traffic12 »

you did the right thing!!! i also have a old farm that i have permission to fish and have caught some nice fish 7 to 8 pounds.
i carry my camera, take pictures and measure them then release them. i take my kids over there to fish and always hope they get to catch them and enjoy the thrill of having a BIG ONE on the line!!
Roboworm99

Catch N Release

Post by Roboworm99 »

you dont need to kill the fish for a mount..they can do a fiberglass replica if you give them the measurements.

this way everyone benefits, especially that bass.
**Ray Charpentier**
Fire Ball

Catch N Release

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: Roboworm99you dont need to kill the fish for a mount..they can do a fiberglass replica if you give them the measurements.

this way everyone benefits, especially that bass.
I've heard about those fiberglass replicas, they sound pretty cool. Are they expensive?
George Cawthorn

Catch N Release

Post by George Cawthorn »

Well you can do a web search on google for fish mounts and replicas. There are several companies that make them. In the past you could even order them through Bass Pro Shops.

Check out this one link I found... looks pretty good to me.

http://www.4greatfish.com/gf/768CatFreshWarmWater.html
fishing waco

Catch N Release

Post by fishing waco »

Gratz on the catch!
www.fishscaletaxidermy.com