Castaic Lagoon, CA 7/28: Bitten by Skunk

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Returned to the Lagoon for a little shoreline bass fishing. Got up there around 8:00 AM and fished till noon.

Conditions were calm, water 75 partially stained, sky clear, air temp 69, barometer was 29.99 and steady. Air temp got up to 78 before I left.

Water level was low, rocks pretty much exposed in front of south end spill.

Cycled through most of my standard goodies with no bites.

Nibble + tap + pull + nibble = a skunk for me and a nice fat slice of humble pie. Back to reality! Lady Lagoon got even for my good roll of late.

Nice day to be out there but came up empty. There were a lot of decent sized cruisers in very shallow but I could not get them to bite.

I'll get 'em next time. Word from the Lagoon is the bite has been better at night.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

thats not good but it happens to everyone at the lagoon

i went out yesterday and it was slow, missed an 8ler that broke my line off the north buoy line and caught a dink. then caught a nice 5lber in PC

only 3 bites in 10 hours of fishing
George Cawthorn

Well the good thing with the Lagoon is that you know the big bass are in there, biting or not and that if you stick with it you will get a good bite sooner or later!!!
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

The skunk is always disappointing, but it happens every once in a while. I hit the Lagoon today for a few hours and I caught 1 and my dad caught 2. I actually caught my first right before we were going to leave, on a school of bass that was busting on bait. It was fun!
George Cawthorn

Yeah you are right Fire Ball. I had a string of good days and a few that were over the top. I was due for a zero.

You guys may not know Sinjeng but I bumped into him last week and he said he had been out all night on the south end and caught two over ten pounds plus several other bites.

He's the guy that I posted a link to a video of him doing the demo for us of how to rig the shakey head worm with the in the tank action from Fishing 25 in LA. Sorry to hear that that shop has closed.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Did you have your cape with you?? Maybe you forgot to wear it?? You didn't leave it in the parking lot telephone booth did you?? Come on Geo, we're counting on you!!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
George Cawthorn

Naaaahhhhhh I had the cape on, probably I was unknowingly standing on a chunk of Kryptonite.
David Lengyel

Post by David Lengyel »

The Skunk has some nasty teeth! At least there was not a worm dunker by you catching all the fish.