Castaic Lagoon

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
swimbait101

Castaic Lagoon

Post by swimbait101 »

went to the lagoon today will fireball. after hundreds of trips of either no or barely any fish, i got something report worthy (somewhat)

so we fished for about 4 1/2 hours.
at one point we kep feeling bites on our worms but no hookups. i rip the tail off and land a 16 inch crappie (my new PB AND 2nd ever) and a 11 7/8 in bass. not a keeper. fireball didnt catch anything

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
i am probably going to go back this friday after getting the bites like i did.

both fish were bends mendered and released with out harm
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon

Post by Fire Ball »

Hundreds of trips without fish or barely any fish??? More like 5, lol.

I wish I didn't miss that bite in the North end. I know that fish would have been bigger than both of your combined, lol.
Fire Ball

Castaic Lagoon

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: NunzGood stuff. Looks like you had the wind laying down. How was the temp? Getting chilly here now. Water temp down to 50 and air temps getting a bit chilly. My buddy and I did a little pond hopping on Sat. He was the man with a 3.5 pounder on a jig. Alot of small fish. Was nice just to get out. Did saltwater on Sun in Long Island Sound. Water chilly 51 degrees. Tried for left over stripers. One run off about 1/2 off shore. Other than that just caught a chill with temps in the mid 40's and a cool east north-east wind.
It got real windy at one point, but the wind almost always dies down before sunset. Water temperature was 59 degrees.