Hello from the Bay State

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
Crestliner

Hello from the Bay State

Post by Crestliner »

New member here from Massachusetts. I was unable to post my introduction in the "New Member" area, so I'll give it a shot here.

I've just turned 66 last month and have been fishing since I was a boy. I've lived in western MA all my life. Born & raised very near to the CT River, I've fished most of the waters in this state. After serving in the Navy for 4 years, I married my wonderful wife, moved to Easthampton and we raised 4 fine children together, who are raising children of their own now. My, how time flies by when you're having fun! >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />

Right now my primary focus is on smallmouth bass fishing, but I also fish for largemouths, pike, walleye and crappie. Most of my fishing season is focused on the Quabbin Reservoir, in Orange/Belchertown areas. I especially enjoy off-shore, deep water smallie fishing there and have been very successful. Maybe 70% of my fishing is done with the drop shot, blade baits & jigs. However last season I started with swimbaits, which are proving to be quite effective and interesting.

Some of you may recognize my nick from other fishing forums which I am active on as well. Hoping to learn a lot from you folks here and I'm looking forward to sharing a thing or two from my book as well. Pleasure to be here...God Bless all!

Moderators: If you find a way to move this into the "New Members" section, please do so. Thanks! >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />