installing an onboard charger

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
tracker90hp

Post by tracker90hp »

hey people i have a like new 1995 bass tracker tournament pro 90 hp bass boat it has a 12 volt system a cranking & trolling battery & 2 depth finders,,i just put a new trollin motor on it & purchased a new mk 210d onboard battery charger for it,,, my question is ,,where should i install it ,,the instructions say not to install it in the area where my gas tank & batteries are located & thats where i was going to put it ,,,where do ya'll have your onboard chargers mounted?
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hey tracker... most bass boats (including my skeeter) have the battery charger located in the same compartment as the gas tank and batteries... For reasons of liability problems, it is "Not Recommended"... that aside, if you flipe the rear lid o most bass boats, that is where the charger is installed... hope that helps.
Brendan C.
tracker90hp

Post by tracker90hp »

hey guys thanks for youre responses & i checked to see if i had room in the fuel compartment & no room in there unless i install it on the underside of the lid ,,the charger i have is a mk210d7 it is pretty heavy & i'm concerned about the weight issue on my lid when ever opend ,,,like i said its on an older 95 tracker pro tounament 18,,but she's in really good shape & ninz when you get yours installed pictures would be great ,,,i know theres not much to insrtalling it ,,,4 bolts & then hooking up the wires ,,,i just want it to be safe & secure ,,thanks for all the responses guys
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Do you have any other compartments in the back of your boat or is there dry storage under your seats? Another options is to install it in a compartment and then drill a hole through to the battery well (don't hit the gas tank! lol).
Brendan C.