Candlewood Lake Level?

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
brendanc

Candlewood Lake Level?

Post by brendanc »

Looking for a little info... can any CT guys tell me if they have dropped the water level on Candlewood? I'm also going to assume that the lake is still not iced over, is that still the case? I'm thinking about making another trip since the fishing has been so good.

Thanks,
Brendan
Brendan C.
Rich Tomasini

Candlewood Lake Level?

Post by Rich Tomasini »

It's down about 2 feet, no problem launching at the Squantz launch. Danbury ramp is blocked off and Lattins is frozen but I wouldn't use Lattins anyway with the water down. Lynn Demming in New Milford is also open. Make sure you check the weather closely, it's getting real cold and windy for the next few days. Good luck buddy.
brendanc

Candlewood Lake Level?

Post by brendanc »

Thanks for the update Stump... Yeah it's looking more and more like winter is finally showing up. Did they say how much they are going to drop the lake this year?

I heard you guys had a nice trip out on Candlewood a couple of weeks ago. You should post a report with some pics... Here's a couple over 4lbs from our last trip:

Our best 5 went 19.11 and our best 8 was over 28lbs. No giants this time, but some nice 4 lb class bruisers and several 3 pounders. All on Keitech Fat Swing Impacts 3.8" and 4.8" deep...

I have been asked to take my daughters "ice skating" this weekend, so I think my plans are going to have to change... My girls want to spend time with Dad... >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" /> I've been getting out a lot, so we're overdue for some quality family time... If the lakes down here were frozen I could take them skating and drill a few holes for jigging! For now, we'll have to go to the skating rink and they frown upon people drilling holes in the rink floor. >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" />
Brendan C.
Rich Tomasini

Candlewood Lake Level?

Post by Rich Tomasini »

I heard they were dropping it 4 feet, that won't bother the Squantz launch but the 8 and 9 degree temp the next 2 nights might, then still windy on Monday. Cubby posted a report on NYbass 2 weeks ago. You know me and computers Brenden, I have no idea how to post a pic and without proof you get slammed.LOL. Rich
brendanc

Candlewood Lake Level?

Post by brendanc »

Thanks for the update...

Posting pictures isn't that hard, maybe I'll post a video showing how to do that. For now, here's two of those photos you guys posted... looked like a fun day... I think it said you guys caught 13 smallies and a bunch of perch. Nice!

Brendan C.
Rich Tomasini

Candlewood Lake Level?

Post by Rich Tomasini »

I took a ride to the Squantz ramp today ( Thursday ) and the water is 3 feet from the bottom of the ramp and there was a thin layer of ice. Looks like the water is down around 6 feet. We used to use the right side next to the ramp when the water was down but it was a little tricky because of the rocks. You have to back the trailer just past the end of the ramp then angle the trailer in line with the ramp. Four wheel drive only. Not good to try by yourself.
brendanc

Candlewood Lake Level?

Post by brendanc »

Yeah, I did that a couple of years ago... it's weird! lol
Brendan C.