What do you do?

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
ukey28

What do you do?

Post by ukey28 »

I know we all like fishing for bass. Thats why we're here. What else to you do thats fishing related? Do you tie flies, make lures, build rods? I'm curious.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Fire Ball

What do you do?

Post by Fire Ball »

I like to make swimjigs for like $1 that are better than the ones that everyone in SoCal uses that cost like $5 or $6! Lol. I need to buy some more supplies though.
brendanc

What do you do?

Post by brendanc »

I tie both salt and freshwater flies, teasers and jigs. I don't pure lead, but I powder paint my own jig heads and tie my own hair jigs and teasers. I have a couple of friends that will pure custom lead jig for me (at a price, of course).

I also like assemble rubber skirted jigs with my own color combos.

Brendan C.
ukey28

What do you do?

Post by ukey28 »

I was a commercial fly tyer for a long time. Salt water, fresh water, and salmon flies. I made my own balsa plugs in the 70's and now I make spinnerbaits, buzzbaits and spoons for bassin. I am working on a surgical tube swimmer for salt water and pike.

I take a day each year and improve habitat on a stream or pond and in the lake I live on I improve spawning sites by adding gravel and logs to hard bottom areas.

I'd love to learn how to wrap rods as I have seen some that were absolute works of art. When I was in a Bass Club I ran clinics for the mentally handicapped.

I think they enjoyed it, I know the guys that worked on it did. Its great for the head.

I don't think there is anything better for getting life in focus than to find something that you can lose yourself in for a day without having to think about anything else. Be it golf, fishing, painting, music or any other art. I think it clears out the negative and allows clearer thought for the important decisions in life.

Fishing can do a lot of different things for people. It can be a sport, an art, or a discipline. It's about what you make it.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York