Boating Nightmare!!!

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allenray

Boating Nightmare!!!

Post by allenray »

six weeks ago I received a 1998 Bass Tracker that had been sitting in storage for 8 years. It was my Dads and my Mom unknown to me after his death moved to Geogia and put the boat in storage. Well she called me and asked if I wanted it cause she didn't want to pay for storage any more. So I went and got the boat, it was pretty shabby tires were shot batteries shot running boards shot cover shot. Alot of work ahead to get it running. But that was really the easy part. I've been running around for the last 4 weeks getting the title,registration and tags. I never knew how screwed up or government was until I tried to get a boat registered in Ohio. First I had to get the original title which still had Dads name on it changed into just Moms name so I could get it changed into mine. Well sounds easy right. Wrong, Ohio titles the boat and motor Indiana doesn't so I had to get a title for both of those which took 3 hours. Then I had to go to a differnt location to get the registration for the boat. Now for the trailer. Going to a differnt BMV to get tags for the trailer, easy right? Nope now I have to take the trailer without the boat on it and have it weighed first. Then take the weight slip to the BMV to get tags.In the mean time my boat is tied up at a dock on the river by itself while the trailer is being weighed.And they wonder why people hate their governments. All in all I had to go to 5 differnt locations and take hours off of work to get all this done. And I'm still not in the water yet!!
brendanc

Boating Nightmare!!!

Post by brendanc »

That does sound like a real pain... hopefully you can get all the paperwork sorted out. I'd wish you luck with the new boat, but it seems a little late for that now! >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" />

Seriously though, Good Luck!
Brendan C.
allenray

Boating Nightmare!!!

Post by allenray »

Belive it or not I finally got all the paper work done today. It only took me three hours to get it done. But her maiden voyage will be this weekend.
brendanc

Boating Nightmare!!!

Post by brendanc »

Hopefully your first trip out is a good one! Take a few pictures if you get a chance and post them.
Brendan C.
allenray

Boating Nightmare!!!

Post by allenray »

I tried posting pic's but they wouldn't take. It says the file is too big.But I haven't had trouble putting it on other sites.