Bait book

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allenray

Bait book

Post by allenray »

Over the winter I decided to start a book of baits. i.E. crank baits, spinnerbaits, plastics,jigs,spoons,topwaters and the like. Just to give myself a reference guide so to say. Listing technics, seasonal uses,rigging,water conditions and so on. Have any of the rest of you kept a log such as this to refresh your memmory?
ukey28

Bait book

Post by ukey28 »

I kept mine in my head! Now at my age suffering from CRS its really hard to bring all the experience back! Write it down! I'll run into people I haven't seen in years and talk with them about fishing and They ask me about a technique I was using and bang it hits me like a train! I haven't used that in years! You put things and techniques away and get caught up in the "Whats hot now" and never use the technique you developed again. Its like forgetting about what tools you have in your tool box. Write it down, its the best thing you guys can do to maximize the lessons learned.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
allenray

Bait book

Post by allenray »

That was my thinking. I'm sorting out baits by season and conditions. That way it would be a reminder as to what I can do if what I'm doing isn't working.Each tool has a purpose and somtimes your forget how and when to use them.