I wish we had this when I was in High School

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

I saw this in Bassfan.com today. This is how we should be promoting fishing! I would have liked going to school.

Missouri schools to vote on fishing 2/5/2013

"Missouri schools will have the opportunity this spring to decide whether bass fishing should become a school activity sanctioned by the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA).

MSHSAA has announced bass fishing will be included on its annual ballot to start as an emerging activity. The ballot will be posted on the association’s website on April 1 and will be available for a school’s principal or superintendent to vote on until May 1.

“If 50 percent plus one school of the schools voting on the ballot vote yes to approve bass fishing as an emerging activity, then it will be recognized by MSHSAA,” said MSHSAA executive director Kerwin Urhahn. “If it passes, then the schools will be able to sign up for bass fishing for the 2013-14 school year. If we have two years of 50 or more schools signed up to participate, then we will have a state series for bass fishing beginning during the 2015-16 school year.”

MSHSAA will then begin working with the schools and fishing experts to formulate the rules and guidelines for the series.

For more information about the proposed high school fishing program in Missouri, visit www.missourihighschoolanglers.org."
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Seriously, It would have been the greatsest homework assignment ever!!!!
Hey Mom can I go down to the lake, I want to work on my trolling motor technique, I have a test on Tuesday!
jmukes13

Post by jmukes13 »

They had motors back then?
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Nope we rowed, that's why my generation is real men!
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

It was 10 miles to the Lake ...uphill both ways!

Not easy with a jon boat on your back!
jmukes13

Post by jmukes13 »

Haha. What no snow for all the uphill walking, barefoot off course?

I thought real men didn't whine. :-P. that must be part of the myth.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Ouch... Frank it was bad enough that you stuck your chin out there, but then you closed your eyes too... man you didn't even see that one coming! Nice dig J... >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" />
Brendan C.
jmukes13

Post by jmukes13 »

Sometimes I can't resist the obvious ones. After all I may be the Good Twin, but good is relative. :-D
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

All kidding aside I have done that! I tried jiggerpoling with my Dad when I was in my teens! Caught some massive pickerel doing it at Laurel lake!
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

One of my fondest memories is fishing in Miller's Pond in Smithtown using a 12' bamboo pole. It had braided nylon line,a big cork and a hook. My Dad and I used to go hunting earthworms and then go there fishing. You never knew what you might catch! I caught sunfish, eels and Bullheads! It was so much fun! We would fish after he got home from work til dark.