Putting my girl up for the winter

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allenray

Post by allenray »

Had a tear in my eye as I finally unhooked the boat from the truck to put her to rest for the winter. Got her all winterized and cleaned out. It will give me a chance to organize everything for next season. March can't get here soon enough so I can feel the smallies tugging on my line again!!
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

We've had several days of snow already in NY already. I was planning on building a carport for my boat, but the new house has water issues in the basement, so the boat must sit out in the driveway. First day of snow was difficult to watch... One season out in the elements (even with a cover) can really do a number on a freshwater boat.

I may just but a rhino shelter for now to protect my new boat from the elements. Anyone own one? How do you like it? Pros/Cons... or other brands like Shelter Logic...
Brendan C.
allenray

Post by allenray »

I hear ya my old cover is about done. so I've put some tarps over it to help out. I'm looking into getting a new cover for it. But they are on the pricey side. Also want to get a live well empty valve for next season. As for the snow I go out every snow fall and brush off the boat so it doesn't pile up too high on it and break anything. Only two more months till the first tournament!! I CAN'T WAIT...