Almost Time!

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
Crestliner

Almost Time!

Post by Crestliner »

Winter here in the northeast has been the worst I've seen since the 50's! The extreme cold plus the snow every other day or so has really made it quite unbearable. However, there is always light at the end of the tunnel and our daytime temps are rapidly getting up into the low 40's.

The 12 footer, turned over on it's trailer, has finally lost it's 2'+ of snow! The 4' snow piles are receding rapidly as well, although there is still about 1'+ on the lawn in the back yard. The local ponds, lakes and every our main Ct. River is still ice covered. Hopefully, if Mother Nature co-operates and temps stay above 40 during the daytime hours, we'll be seeing open water by the first of April. Very late spring indeed.

Got all my rigs set-up and ready to go. Tackle has been organized and next week, we'll taking a trip down to the Cabela's in CT.. There I'll probably spend way too much on plastics - again! Getting pretty "antsy" here as a lot of you can suspect by this. >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />
brendanc

Almost Time!

Post by brendanc »

I hear you my friend... Ice out can't get here fast enough. Starting to see a little thaw around the edges of some of our local ponds, but not many. They are forecasting snow again for this Friday (NOOOO!!!!!)

Been spending some time tying jigs and prepping for ice out. Have some work to do on my boat this year and like yours, mine is finally free of snow!

Looking forward to sharing some more stories with you this year.
Brendan C.
allenray

Almost Time!

Post by allenray »

Poor guys I'm packing right now to leave for Dale Hollow lake and some smallmouth fishing!! And will return next week for my first tournament of the season!!
brendanc

Almost Time!

Post by brendanc »

Doh! Dale Hollow... Better pick up a copy of "Them Ol Brown Fish by Billy Westmorland". >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" /> Have a great time... wish I was going too.
Brendan C.
allenray

Almost Time!

Post by allenray »

LOL yes know the book well. Had a great time weather was good. Hopefully by this weekend the water temp will be in the mid 50's and the bite will be better than it was this week. We only caught 12 the smallest around 3lbs. Still a 4lb smallie at 19" you can't keep because of the slot limit. That will break your heart!!Can't wait to get back down there!!
brendanc

Almost Time!

Post by brendanc »

Catching is better than scratching. >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" /> but I do hear you... putting a 4 lbs smallmouth back in the water in a tournament hurts.
Brendan C.