Navionics Update from other manufacturers

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
Murphangler

Post by Murphangler »

Did you know that you can switch from a C-MAP, Fishing Hot Spots, Garmin, LakeMaster, Lowrance, or TrakMaps card to Navionics card? Your card with then be a Navionics + card wioth Sonarcharts ability. Pretty cool stuff, particularly if you were thinking about switching over - it will save you some coin. just found out about this after a friend wanted to switxh from lakemaster to Nav
Jerk 'em out.... put 'em in the box!
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hi Murph... just be careful, I just went through this and Navionics wasn't going to give me a refund. I tried to upgrade my Hot Maps chip and found out the following so I posted it a few weeks ago:

"Heads up to anyone interested in buying the Navionics Updates card for $99... if you have an older Hot Maps card you will not be able to update it. Before spending your money call them directly to confirm that you have a chip that can be updated."
Brendan C.
Murphangler

Post by Murphangler »

You using a HotMaps Platinum?
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Yes, but was really looking to upgrade an older chip that was not a Platinum. I guess I'm just saying that they could have been a bit more clear on the marketing language they chose. They make it sound like you can upgrade any older chip, but that is not the case.
Brendan C.
Murphangler

Post by Murphangler »

No the only cards that are available to upgrade to a Navionics + card are Navionics+, Gold, HotMaps Premium, Marine & Lakes USA, Silver, any card bundled with a plotter or SonarCharts for Garmin GPS.

Hot Maps Platinum are still upgradable, they are just still governed by the region intended for use (South, East, etc.) You'll still get the Sonarcharts and freshest data downloads, just not for the entire country, and the cost is still the same.