Hither Hills

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
JoeM

Hither Hills

Post by JoeM »

We all know Hither Hills' Fresh pond somehow withstands the terrific pressure that it receives every weekend. What do you attribute this resilience to?
Are the bass tougher than those in other local lakes? Is there enough prey to sustain this much longer? Let us know what you think about this fine body of water.
JoeM
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator
brendanc

Hither Hills

Post by brendanc »

I can't believe you mentioned that honey hole on the internet... What have you done!!! (lol) Just teasing ya Joe. I will say that getting information about this body of water is going to be tuff. The guys I know who fish it, don't really like to let others know about it's potential.

On the other hand, it has a very healthy ecosystem and I can't see a decline in the number of big bass being effected simply by fishing pressure. Those Bass can be very hard to catch some days and I think that's what allowed them to get as big as they are... well, that and the fact that you really have to go way out of your way to get there... and a really good 4X4 is almost a must if you want to return.
Brendan C.
JoeM

Hither Hills

Post by JoeM »

BC- Actually I really would like having a trailer parking area up the road a piece. The way it stands now, if there was an emergency it would be almost impossible to get quick help.
The one requirement should always be that NO ONE SHOULD PARK ON THE ROAD! That goes for everyone, even if you are out there on a Wednesday in November.
Get there early. If for some reason you do get there late, turn around and park outside by the RR tracks. JoeM
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator