Friday Night

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
JoeMo

Friday Night

Post by JoeMo »

Not a good night to be looking for tournament
contestants on the 'Net.

Some are studying maps and logs. Some are relaxing in the tub or sauna and the remainder are probably horizontal by now dreaming of big limits and, hopefully no problems.

I'll bet that equipment is locked in the pickup and all the alarms are set.

I'll tiptoe now. I don't want to disturb any of our buddies (although I sent one an e-mail a few minutes back) I hope all of you are pleased with tomorrow's results. If so, get back to us and fill us in. And if you want to brag a little, go ahead. It's good for what ails you. (My Dad used to say that, God bless him.)

Good Fishing to all. Enjoy. JoeMo
Good Fishing,
JoeMo - Bassin' USA Message Board Moderator
YAR

Friday Night

Post by YAR »

joe, what about trying to figure out how to avoid the construction on 95 going up and back. oh ya i forgot you don't get that hassle any more. must be nice being in ct.lol
JoeMo

Friday Night

Post by JoeMo »

Ray- Yes, being up here closer to all the Big Water has its advantages. What I do need to do next year is get into another club that only fishes CT Fed.tournaments, like I did the past 2 years. I have 3 locations within 1/2 hour of my house (Candlewood, Lilly and Zoar). Did I die and go to heaven? Only when the Smallmouth bite well!
lol

Thanks for posting. Much obliged. JoeMo
Good Fishing,
ED F.

Friday Night

Post by ED F. »

Joe,

I'll take you up on the "bragging" opportunity! LOL

The bite at Whaley Lake on Saturday night was amazing! Any time you can pull in a bass on almost every cast, (even if they are all only 12 inches) it's a great day!

My cousin and I were thankfully on fish for just about the entire tournament. It got to the point where my cousin John began complaining that it was getting to be a chore removing these fish from his hook to cull for only a few ounces each time. I quickly reminded him of those tournaments where we would sometimes go for more than three hours without a bite, and then the complaing suddenly stopped!

It was the best night tournament that I can remember! It also paid off big for me! (here comes the bragging part) I was able to finish 5 pounds behind Danny in second place with and even 10 pounds!

I was catching quality Whaley bass even at 10:50pm just moments before the final weigh-in! It was the first night tournament for me where I wish It would have been another hour longer because my confidence was extremely high!

P.S. It is also a very big concentration boost any time you can get a good night sleep before a tournament!

See you at the scale!!!

ED F.

7/22/67 HAPPY B-DAY TO ME!!!
JoeMo

Friday Night

Post by JoeMo »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (BEFORE MIDNIGHT) TO ED F.

Ed- Good report. Sounds like you not only had a productive time, but a fun time as well.

Keep posting. Many happy returns. JoeMo
Good Fishing,