too close?

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
bassin butch

too close?

Post by bassin butch »

Another fisherman *****ed at me about being in his area. He was fishing docks and I went about 100 yards ahead and started fishing the shore line. After a short time I moved to the other side of the guy fishing docks again a 100 yards down. Unless I'm nuts that gives a guy a total cushion of 200 yards: 100 in front 100 in rear. The lakes we fish on are small, sharing the water is a given. My non-boater and I could not understand the gipe. What are your thoughts?
Bassin
Butch
MMT

too close?

Post by MMT »

100 yards in either direction is fair. Its not like you crossed between him and the shoreline he was fishing as I've seen done in the past. I wouldn't sweat it.
Craig DeFranzo
Tubenfool

too close?

Post by Tubenfool »

I fish from a tube and many times boaters push me out of my spot.
It is as if I don't count.
I don't like it but,I know how i act and what I do affects what everyone thinks of our sport.
So be a good sport and enjoy yourself.
Remember to take a child they love to fish.
Steve
We all should respect the outdoors, respect others, what we do is a reflection of what others think of our sport. We started off just having fun. don't loss the faith.
brendanc

too close?

Post by brendanc »

Respecting the people around us when we are fishing is important. Whether the person is fishing from shore, from a dock, or in a float tube, we all have the same right to fish the water.

Butch, you were more than courteous by giving them 100 yards on the shoreline. I have been out fishing on days when there were boats every 50 yards on a shoreline and finding a place to fit in line, seemed almost impossible. Some people just think if they are fishing a shoreline, and they were there first, you should fish behind them... I wouldn't worry about it, you did the right thing. They are lucky you at least left them some un-used water to fish.

There was another post similar to this one regarding fishing a spot that someone took you to previously and then going there during a tournament. What you did was nothing like that...
Brendan C.