Winter Tournament Fishing

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
catt951

Post by catt951 »

Oops!
12/13/02
Area: Tennessee Bay open grass-flats early limit by 10:am. 5-bass/20.92 lbs (6.92 kicker)
Bait: Flipping Watermelon/Neon Lizards and Slow-Rolling 1/2 oz Stanley Chartreuse Spinner Baits

mofish

Post by mofish »

Its good ole lake Granbury again. Dang this lake just gets the best of me. That fish kill is killing me! LOL!

Oh yes Thanks for rubbing in that 20lb limit there bud.... LOL!!!!!!!
Thanks,
Conley Staley
mofish

Post by mofish »

Went fishing yesterday trying to locate some fish for the next tournament. Well It worked I found some fish one was 5.25 the other was 3.33 one was caught on a crankbait on a point and the other was near a dock on a drop-shot rig. Thanks for all your help in this and lets hope I can find some more to go with them come tournament time.

This is such a great sight to come to and find out info. Thanks to all that responded.

I was thinking of changing my name to NO-fish
instead of Mofish lol.

Conley
Thanks,
Conley Staley
JoeM

Post by JoeM »

Conley- Now that's more like it! If you start weighing in bass that size, you are going to move into the heavyweight class.
Sounds like your confidence has been restored. Go get 'em!

Oh, and don't change your handle to NOfish.
I don't want to change mine to JoeNo!
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Yo Mo,
Can I take an assist on that Crankbait fish??LOL Just out of curiosity how far from the hot water was the point?
Have a great Holiday!
Ukey28
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
mofish

Post by mofish »

Yes I used the crankbait because of your post. Thank you so much mark up a assist to you. I was about 3 miles up the river from the discharge it had nothing to do with were the fish was. Unless that hot water found a way to run upstream. lol.

My next trip will be near the outlet to find some of that warmer water. I hope!!!

Again thanks to you guys and I hope every one has a Happy Holidays.

Conley
Thanks,
Conley Staley
catt951

Post by catt951 »

Now that's more like it!
I found a web site that is very helpful in researching info on just about any lake. What you do is a search on the lake or tournament and it gives you complete history. http://www.fishingworld.com/News/Default.html
Give it a try they have tournaments results for Grandbury some tell where and on what!
mofish

Post by mofish »

Well guys we fished our next tournament and we bombed again. But so did over half the feild that fished. Only one 5 fish limit was weighed in. We caught two small fish thanks to the post and info recieved here.

Three tournaments in a row with nothing to show is getting a little agrivating. Alot of the big names that were in the tournament that usally do good on this lake bombed out too. I know that should make me feel better but it don't. Frustration has set in if you can't tell. Heck Gary Klien is fishing this tournament and he only has two fish to show for the year so far. This is one tough lake.

Any body got any more Ideas that I might try. I read the artical in Bassmaster about the 1/16 fly on the bobber and am thinking of giving it a try. I know when I do this crappie fishing I have caught some good bass on it too. What do you think? lol.

I have four Tournaments in the next two months on this same lake. So any help would be thankful.

Nofish Mofish
Thanks,
Conley Staley
catt951

Post by catt951 »

Dynamite, Hand Cranked Phone, Wire leads connected to your outboard! I looked at a map of this lake & it appears to more like a river. Have you tried talking to Logan? I know what you mean about the pros bombing! The Top 150 I fished two years ago I out fished 44 top pros including Jimmy Houston & Roland Martin but it still hurts. Good Luck Dude!
midwest

Post by midwest »

Here is an idea for you to try. There is a power plant lake in east-central Kansas that I visit during the winter. My best success during the dead of winter was with an orange gene larew salt craw. I rig it with a 1/0 hook and very light sinker. It works best on the chunk rock. Don't know if it is the color or just something they don't see all the time.
Mike Gress - Bassin' USA Prostaff: Nebraska